Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

52 posts in this topic

Posted

But they would fear the #2 pick in the draft would...or that someone else will give us what we want in a trade to get him.

true and that would be the only reason they trade up, they wouldnt fear the panthers drafting him, just the team ahead, the team at the 2nd pick will not make a deal.

Posted

i think teams would dare us to draft Luck. i dont think they fear that Carolina will pick Luck.
teams that are desperate for him won't be willing to play that game. they'll move up.

Posted

If there isn't football, and we're all in the same order again, the Panthers either take Luck and let him and Newton fight it out, or they make a historical trade for someone's entire draft. What they won't do is pick someone else first.

There is a lottery for drafting order.

Posted

true and that would be the only reason they trade up, they wouldnt fear the panthers drafting him, just the team ahead, the team at the 2nd pick will not make a deal.

And? Who said we need to move back just one spot? Could be #3. And if #2 pick really wants Luck, and fears that another team might take him, they could still trade with us to lock out other people from getting him (And probably wouldn't have to give up a whole lot considering its one spot).

Posted

And? Who said we need to move back just one spot? Could be #3. And if #2 pick really wants Luck, and fears that another team might take him, they could still trade with us to lock out other people from getting him (And probably wouldn't have to give up a whole lot considering its one spot).

i doubt the team with the 2nd pick moves up because they may like Matt Barkley just as much, i sure do. i like Luck as much as the next guy, but Barkley is a good 2nd overall pick. the 3rd pick will be the team that could try to move up because i doubt both Landry Jones and Barkley go pro, i think one stays and the other goes, now if all three go i think teams will be high on all 3 of those QBs. IF Jones, Barkley and Luck all go to the NFL then the QBs in this draft will all be risked on. Jones, Barkley and Luck in my mind is a better QB class than Gabbert, Locker and Newton.

Posted

And if #2 pick really wants Luck, and fears that another team might take him, they could still trade with us to lock out other people from getting him (And probably wouldn't have to give up a whole lot considering its one spot).

It depends. When we moved up from 3 to 2 back in 1998, we gave ARZ the 3rd overall pick, our 2 in 98, our 1 in 99, Patrick Sapp (starting LB), and Eric Metcalf - just to top Chicago, who was trying to get to that #2 overall slot.

Posted

Just because Barkley is good, doesnt mean they'll settle for him. If you think a guy can be as amazing as they say, but have doubts about a second, you wont settle. I'm not saying the pick directly after ours would make a trade; but its all certainly a possibility. I don't think us having Cam this year hurts us in any way for a trade is what I'm saying.

Posted

Who'll be there at 32?

Posted

Who really gives a FUG about next years Mock draft!? I mean seriously... Why are u guys even wasting your time?

Posted

Why are you wasting your time posting in this thread? Its something to talk lightheartedly about.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why are you wasting your time posting in this thread? Its something to talk lightheartedly about.

Who are you? It's obvious that your posts are crap... No swag and no pie. Step your game up or go home!

Posted

I tend to think we won't be picking first next year, if I had to bet I would say somewhere between 4-7. In which case I want Kalil, Dre Kirk', or Jeffery.