Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Hip-Hop Thread

448 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted

John Legend is the fuging man.

This

Posted

There's always more room for soul musicians in my book...I think his poppiness causes his talent to be overlooked

Bruno, John Legend, Mayer Hawthorne, Aloe Blacc all have decent collabs with h-h guys, but I don't consider them to be part of any genre exclusively

nah, he's extremely talented.. I'm just bias towards his grenade song. I just hate the message. I've seen too many dudes romanticize bending over backwards for a woman who treats them like poo and then act like I'm crazy cause I don't get it.

I feel like that song affirms that kind of thinking.. I'm being very petty, I'll admit, when really it's a good song.

Posted

Posted

Posted

I realize I'm a lot more Who Shot Ya than Hit Em Up.. but Hit Em Up goes for the jugular... I suddenly feel conflicted.

Posted

both are great. I was always a fan of Biggie but hit em up is just retarded.

Posted

grew up a Pac fan.. that music got me through a lot.. how? no idea, maybe the strength behind it.

Posted

Ya, I was always a Wu-tang Clan Fan. Had every album and played them over and over again. This was around the time No-limit and all that shiit started coming out so most people got sick of it because the bass was never there in my car.

Good times!!

Posted

I loved both as well. I think I liked the majority of Pac's songs better. What made Biggie great was his flow, which to me, might be the best ever. He could rap about eating a fuging cheeseburger and it would sound like a masterpiece.

Posted

definitely a wise choice.. one of my friends gives me poo for not listening to them more. he's a big time Ghostface Killah fan.

Posted

My contributions:

1 person likes this