Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Weinke on WFNZ about training Cam

240 posts in this topic

Posted

i just listened to the whole interview here and from the way it sounds, dorsey's familiarity with chud's offense won't matter much...mainly because of the attention to detail that weinke has. it sounds like weinke is primarily the one working with him.

they are in the classroom for 1-2 hours in the morning learning a section of the playbook where newton has to hit the board and gets grilled on and where he asks lots of good questions. they take what they worked on in the classroom out on the field and has a defense lined up in front of him where weinke throws a lot of situations at him. newton has to call all his plays and read the defense. they are working on verbiage and have him call each play a few times before he ever runs it just to get him comfortable with it. they film everything and then they spend a lot of time watching it and reviewing what he did. then they do the whole thing over again in the afternoon.

not sure dorsey's involvement (or anyone's, tbh) would help out newton more than what weinke is doing with him right now. only way it could be better is if he was actually able to work with chud and shula.

Sounds like Weinke is doing an outstanding job as a teacher and seems like he is auditioning for a future coaching position. Good for him and Cam.

I am really getting pissed at the lockout. I want Cam on the field with his new teammates to give himself and the Panthers the greatest chance of success as soon as possible. Looking forward to this NFL season more than any in a long time, so get the damn lockout over with already.:mad:

Posted

i just listened to the whole interview here and from the way it sounds, dorsey's familiarity with chud's offense won't matter much...mainly because of the attention to detail that weinke has. it sounds like weinke is primarily the one working with him.

they are in the classroom for 1-2 hours in the morning learning a section of the playbook where newton has to hit the board and gets grilled on and where he asks lots of good questions. they take what they worked on in the classroom out on the field and has a defense lined up in front of him where weinke throws a lot of situations at him. newton has to call all his plays and read the defense. they are working on verbiage and have him call each play a few times before he ever runs it just to get him comfortable with it. they film everything and then they spend a lot of time watching it and reviewing what he did. then they do the whole thing over again in the afternoon.

not sure dorsey's involvement (or anyone's, tbh) would help out newton more than what weinke is doing with him right now. only way it could be better is if he was actually able to work with chud and shula.

This actually my be better than if there was OTA going on right now. I think there are rules in place regarding how much practice/team whatever time before TC. This seems like Cam is getting tailor made tutoring that a lot of QB's coming in the league would not have gotten. IF he goes into camp looking great IMG looks like geniuses.

Posted

Sound like Killa Cam will be starting week 1, I guess they will trade Jimmy or cut his sorry ###. You would think Jimmy would be out there 12 hours a day. The question is why the reporters are not getting any information on Jimmy. That’s sad that you had a QB coach your whole life, and you still look like ####. “That’s too funny”

Posted

To all my HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to love Killa Cam for what he is doing right now. He is putting his self in the class of great QB’s. “Big up to the Carolina Panthers for making the right decision” This organization will have success with Killa Cam as there QB and you can take that to the bank.

Posted

Ron Rivera + Killa Cam Newton = Lombardi

Posted

Alright, who let fam4life09 out of the room with padded walls?

Posted

celebrity-pictures-gary-busey-crazy-people.jpg

Posted

Fam4life how was your beach trip??

hot_weird_funny_amazing_cool4_weird-crazy-funny-people-0_200907301933435992.jpg

Posted

I love ignore, but don't like this quote feature

elvpelvis.gif

fun thread ;)

Posted

i believe if you want to be great at anything you can achieve it

Then why isnt the world just made of millionaires. I beleive you need three things to be great:

Knowledge

Focus

Determination

(Intelligence can help you achieve your success faster but is not a prerequisite)

There are a crapload of people that do not fit criterea two and three. Complacency is kinda of blissful isnt it though? I think Cam can aquire the knowledge, he appears to be very focused, and the statements he makes certainly lead you to beleive he's determined. We'll see how he does.

Ive been flamed on the forums for saying this same thing before, not that it should be a surpise on an internet forum, but the bottom line is that. . to be great. . youve got to want it, earn it, go get it. There's plenty of large physically igfted people in the world, but very few of them dare to be great.

So far Im seeing that Cam will indeed dare.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'll add natural talent, definitely intelligence, luck and perseverance.

Posted

I'll add natural talent, definitely intelligence, luck and perseverance.
looks like newton has just enough of those things as well....esp. luck. the laptop incident could have turned out a lot worse had the laptop's owner not dropped charges.

natural talent and perseverance is there in spades. intelligence....that's what he has just enough of, but his other strong areas are able to compensate for whatever he may be lacking.