• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OchoNueve

Chris Weinke on WFNZ about training Cam

Yeah my opinion of Cam has most def changed the past couple of weeks.

that is awesome to hear.

I don't recall hearing stuff like this about Clausen last year when he came out.

Cam is starting to win me over guys. He's doing everything right and doing it well it seems.

Clausen wasn't locked out and therefor he was working out with the team. We had already had a mini camp at this time last year so it's not like he needed to be at a different facility practicing, he could do it here.

CamNewtown_ChrisWeinke.jpg

That calf muscle alone almost makes me want to throw full support behind him but I'm remaining cautious.

Yeah but before you get too excited, just remember Narwocki said he

Pffft. If Cam Newton didn't take short cuts he would work 20 hour days. And he clearly seems to have problems with Weinke's authority. What a lazy crumb bum.

Amazing how the very strong willed and demanding Rivera has been able to silently sit behind the lockout gate and be so demanding of Cam Newton with just the sheer force of his telekinesis. Otherwise there is no way Cam Newton would do this work on his own. He would be vacationing in Mexico. :rolleyes:

Why would you do this to an otherwise 100% positive thread about Cam Newton?

Why would you do this to an otherwise 100% positive thread about Cam Newton?

Is yours broken? vvv

sarcasm_detector.jpg

Is yours broken? vvv

It's just dumb to bring up something like that when all it's going to do is take away from the positivity that is this thread.

fwiw,

Rock Hoover stated that Rivera needed to announce Cam as the starter now and give him all the confidence he needs to lead this team in a segment about what new coaches need to focus on earlier this morning.

pre-contract?

don't agree with that at all.

his confidence is already there, imo, and it will grow if he's challenged to win the job. it won't be a big fight to win the job for him, esp. given the competition (and that includes FAs that might be brought in).

if he is who rivera/hurney/richardson think he is, newton will have that job won early. he'll do it without having it handed to him on a silver platter.

now i don't think it will hurt him to go ahead and crown him, but i don't think it will be necessary. i do think he will benefit from even the slightest competition, though. he's fueled by having to fight for stuff.

It's just dumb to bring up something like that when all it's going to do is take away from the positivity that is this thread.

Pot%20Kettle%20Black.jpg

I say sign Chris Weinke as our backup vet QB. At least he's been exposed to the system.

When did Weinke ever play for Chud or Rivera?

BTW I am not sure how saying that he is already proving people wrong about his work ethic is taking the positive vibe away from the thread.

:cam:

he's fueled by having to fight for stuff.

Not really sure that's true but I do agree that he shouldn't be handed the job.

We all know it's his, but at least pretend like he has to earn it.

We made the mistake of calling Clausen the Franchise QB before he even signed his contract and we don't know what effect that had on him or the team.

Let him earn it in camp. This way, if he's not as good as expected right away, you aren't forcing him out there and ruining his confidence when he should be learning. If he does "earn" it, great.

BTW I am not sure how saying that he is already proving people wrong about his work ethic is taking the positive vibe away from the thread.

:cam:

I haven't been negative in this thread at all. Bringing up quotes and old poo from one of the most heated discussions on this thread does nothing positive at all.