Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I voted Democrat

42 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I voted Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I voted Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.

I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.

I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my *** that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

Definition: "A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."

Posted · Report post

What crawled up your ass? The missing WMD's?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='dimbee']What crawled up your ass? The missing WMD's?[/quote]

Come on, you had to get a laugh at a couple of those. The first one, especially. So fucking true. :D

Posted · Report post

He's just bored until his soaps come on.

Posted · Report post

Even though they are meant to be funny, it's amazing how true those are.

Posted · Report post

I voted libertarian because the republican list is just as long. ;)

Definition: A conservative is someone who oppose something that liberals support as long as it doesn't benefit them.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SouthCakPanther']Even though they are meant to be funny, it's amazing how true those are.[/quote]

:yawn:

One could just as easily be done about Republicans referencing every stereotype on the table

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jase']I voted libertarian because the republican list is just as long. ;)

Definition: A conservative is someone who oppose something that liberals support as long as it doesn't benefit them.[/quote]

Yep. I don't support the government giving some douche bailout money because he bought a $1 million house when he should have only bought a $200K house. I am a Conservative. Hear me roar.

Posted · Report post

Did Bob Barr win? [IMG]http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/jangler3/emoticons/blushing-1.gif[/IMG]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='dimbee']:yawn:

One could just as easily be done about Republicans referencing every stereotype on the table[/quote]

I'd love to read one. As a conservative, I'm not offended that easily nor do I feel sorry for myself. Plus, I don't take things too seriously, life is too short. So, blast away.

Posted · Report post

Doesn't the first one hit the nail on the head? Seriously.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Meat']Doesn't the first one hit the nail on the head? Seriously.[/quote]

Not really. :D

Posted · Report post

[quote name='dimbee']Not really. :D[/quote]

I know that there are Republicans (specifically, religious right Republicans) who fall under this category, too, but damn if Dems don't get all huffy and puffy over the use of words and images they don't approve of. The whole blowup over Fuzzy Zoeller after Tiger Woods first win at the Masters is a sterling example.

Posted · Report post

I am sure the legions of liberal golfers were outraged!

Is it because someone called this guy Fuzzy? I mean, that is kind of offensive...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Meat']I know that there are Republicans (specifically, religious right Republicans) who fall under this category, too, but damn if Dems don't get all huffy and puffy over the use of words and images they don't approve of. The whole blowup over Fuzzy Zoeller after Tiger Woods first win at the Masters is a sterling example.[/quote]

That was just a Democrat reaction??

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cookinwithgas']I am sure the legions of liberal golfers were outraged!

Is it because someone called this guy Fuzzy? I mean, that is kind of offensive...[/quote]

Fuzzy Zoeller was a pro golfer that mentioned after Tiger won his first Masters, that they'd be serving kollard greens and fried chicken in the club house now... or something along those lines

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cookinwithgas']I am sure the legions of liberal golfers were outraged!

Is it because someone called this guy Fuzzy? I mean, that is kind of offensive...[/quote]

Liberal golfers are always the ones begging for muligans after a bad shot.

I love collard greens and fried chicken and I'm white. Not sure why this is viewed as a racist comment. Maybe he thinks Tiger is fat and he was simply making a fat joke? Which is perfectly acceptable in our society.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='dimbee']Fuzzy Zoeller was a pro golfer that mentioned after Tiger won his first Masters, that they'd be serving kollard greens and fried chicken in the club house now... or something along those lines[/quote]

And...I know you guys hate this term, but it certainly fits in this case....Augusta was swarming with liberal media that weekend waiting to pounce on the black man winning at a course that didn't allow black men until recently story. They took Fuzzy's comments completely out of context and they had their racist white establishment story served up on a tee for them.

Every year the winner of the previous Masters hosts a dinner and serves food that is representative of his heritage...in a joking manner. Lee Trevino served Tex Mex, for example. Sandy Lyle served haggis. So Fuzzy said "I guess we'll have fried chicken and collared greens next year."

Meanwhile, Tiger himself made jokes involving racist stereotypes in a magazine interview that same month. No story there, though.

If we're going to have freedom of speech, how about some leeway so that we don't all walk around afraid to say anything? The language you'd hear in an NFL locker room, arguably the most diverse culture (at least in terms of black/white) would make a liberal cover his ears.

Posted · Report post

No doubt Tiger winning at that course was history, and made for a great story. Fuzzy did not go to jail for what he said, and had the opportunity to defend himself, but maybe he should have kept that comment private for the other golfers who can understand the context. All he may have been guilty of was bad judgement, but lets face it - "fried chicken and collard greens" is a little more towards the racist side of things than "tex mex" - just imagine if he had said "watermelon" instead. I do remember Tigers comments included in those stories, btw.

The media jumping on a story and burying a guy in the ratings race is not the same thing - even remotely - as "liberals stifling freedom of speech".

Posted · Report post

Definition of irony....one of the most liberal presences on TV today, Bill Maher, got his first 15 minutes of fame with a show titled Politically Incorrect, because he was sick of the PC movement. Then he said something really dumb (saying the pilots of the 9/11 planes were anything but cowardly...probably true, but not the time to say it), the public turned on him, and now he's part of the very movement he was bucking to begin with.

Posted · Report post

oh sweet i cant wait until my dad emails me this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Meat']Definition of irony....one of the most liberal presences on TV today, Bill Maher, got his first 15 minutes of fame with a show titled Politically Incorrect, because he was sick of the PC movement. Then he said something really dumb (saying the pilots of the 9/11 planes were anything but cowardly...probably true, but not the time to say it), the public turned on him, and now he's part of the very movement he was bucking to begin with.[/quote]

What? That was and is a true statement, and I don't know of anyone that would tune into his show in the first place that would have a problem with him saying that.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cookinwithgas']What? That was and is a true statement, and I don't know of anyone that would tune into his show in the first place that would have a problem with him saying that.[/quote]

He caught a ton of flak over it, don't you remember it? In fact, his sponsors pulled out of his show and it was off the air soon thereafter.

And Fiz, I can't hear you, dipshit. Heh heh heh.

Posted · Report post

So was it "the public" or "his sponsors"?

Anyways, a guy like him is much better suited for cable.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cookinwithgas']So was it "the public" or "his sponsors"?

Anyways, a guy like him is much better suited for cable.[/quote]

Both, I guess. His sponsors pulled out because there was so much uproar publicly. I think he turned full-time liberal just to get back at the O'Reillys of the world who were raking him over the coals over that comment.

I agree...what he said was true. But man, why would you say that in front of a country still licking its wounds?