Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Foley

I voted Democrat

42 posts in this topic

oh sweet i cant wait until my dad emails me this

Definition of irony....one of the most liberal presences on TV today, Bill Maher, got his first 15 minutes of fame with a show titled Politically Incorrect, because he was sick of the PC movement. Then he said something really dumb (saying the pilots of the 9/11 planes were anything but cowardly...probably true, but not the time to say it), the public turned on him, and now he's part of the very movement he was bucking to begin with.

What? That was and is a true statement, and I don't know of anyone that would tune into his show in the first place that would have a problem with him saying that.

What? That was and is a true statement, and I don't know of anyone that would tune into his show in the first place that would have a problem with him saying that.

He caught a ton of flak over it, don't you remember it? In fact, his sponsors pulled out of his show and it was off the air soon thereafter.

And Fiz, I can't hear you, dipshit. Heh heh heh.

So was it "the public" or "his sponsors"?

Anyways, a guy like him is much better suited for cable.

So was it "the public" or "his sponsors"?

Anyways, a guy like him is much better suited for cable.

Both, I guess. His sponsors pulled out because there was so much uproar publicly. I think he turned full-time liberal just to get back at the O'Reillys of the world who were raking him over the coals over that comment.

I agree...what he said was true. But man, why would you say that in front of a country still licking its wounds?

It needed to be said, that's why. If you are going to hate an entire group of people, hate them for the right reasons. He has Balls. I like Balls.

It needed to be said, that's why. If you are going to hate an entire group of people, hate them for the right reasons. He has Balls. I like Balls.

Not much of a "News Flash" here.

I forgot to put a :D after my burn. Because it was teh sickest burn ever!!

He has brains, too, and he should have been smart enough to know that you don't bite the hand that is feeding you. Sorry, but that's the truth. Ball-lover.

Still, I don't think the sponsors should have pulled out. Just like I don't think K-mart should have pulled out in the Fuzzy deal.

He did it, and got a great gig at HBO in the end. If you want to shake things up, you can't be.....afraid to shake things up.