Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Mike Florio on WFNZ


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

    for those of you that don't habla espanol...

  • HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:15 AM

Mike Florio from Pro Football talk just said on WFNZ that he is about to post a rumor he heard that Panthers players are scheduling a players only workout and that Steve Smith will not be invited because all of the players are under the impression that he is gone.

#2 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,790 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:18 AM

My this sounds at least as reliable as the rumor that Smith had demanded a trade.

#3 ElIngeniero

ElIngeniero

    Member

  • NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

players are broke so they are trying for a reality TV show?

#4 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

    Senior Member

  • HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:33 AM

All due respect to Florio, but keep in mind he just has it out for Smitty. It might not even be intentional, but for some reason he just doesn't like that guy.

#5 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

    feed KB 2014

  • HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,543 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:34 AM

this guy is just as bored as we are. lame.

#6 rayzor

rayzor

    shula is who i thought he was.

  • Moderators
  • -29,625 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:06 AM

All due respect to Florio, but keep in mind he just has it out for Smitty. It might not even be intentional, but for some reason he just doesn't like that guy.

why respect florio? he's a hack. PFT = Pulled From Turd. dude slings crap on the wall to see what sticks more than anyone.

that said, it wouldn't surprise me that this rumor was true.

#7 D34Williams

D34Williams

    Senior Member

  • HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

Florio = the Easter bunny, Santa clause, tooth fairy

#8 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

    Cam Nut Hugger

  • HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

The one thing about Florio is he is a guy like you and me who has all day to blog because he's self employed. He has his fair share of sources now, but it's important to remember he's not a journalist. He's just a fan who has a law degree and a blog and has done a good job at getting consistently new material. That is al.

#9 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

    for those of you that don't habla espanol...

  • HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

Florio did say he emailed Smitty to try and confirm the rumor, but got no response.

#10 4Corners

4Corners

    suck me beautiful

  • HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,162 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:02 AM

I really value Mike Florio's opinion.

Posted Image

#11 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

    Football Historian

  • HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,558 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:06 AM

Florio's definitely not always right, but he's not always wrong either.

Might be unpleasant to admit, but this story is actually plausible.

#12 Udogg

Udogg

    Cardiac Victim since 95

  • HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

There is a 0.1% chance that Steve Smith would respond to Florio over email. However there is a 99.9 % chance that he would meet him in person to respond to said rumor. However there is a 95% chance that Florio would only do so if Steve Smith was wrapped in one of those Hannibal Lector straight jacket setups.

#13 strik9

strik9

    Think before you post

  • HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

Panthers players are scheduling a players only workout


I hope this part of the quote is true, because the other NFC south players are getting together for player practices. I don't have a link, I saw it on the local news here in Atlanta.

#14 Chaos

Chaos

    @chaos_cltsports

  • ALL-PRO
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

If Smith got near Florio, he would soon be passing Jon Beason in the hallway of the Mecklenburg County Courthouse.

#15 KSpan

KSpan

    Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

  • ALL-PRO
  • 2,490 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:09 AM

I see no reason that Smitty would not be invited. Unless the players specifically know something private (possible), for the time being he is on the team and would benefit from working out with everyone.


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com