Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatMan72

Panthers punter is not amused by jersey number talk

110 posts in this topic

Does it really matter what number Cam has Jimmy has or baker. The only thing im concerned about is wat they do on the field this year. Its obivious cam wants the number everybody and there mother knows it. But its between him and clausen, if Cam ask Jimmy how much he wants for it and Jimmy sets a price then they will go through with it.If not Cam will just get another jersey. And baker just need to shut up he is just the punter go punt some S***.

From PFT:

Read more: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/19/panthers-punter-is-not-amused-by-jersey-number-talk/

So Baker doesn't understand why a jersey number is so important to Clausen or Cam, but he won't give his up?

Sorry, this is really simple for me - Cam is supposed to be our franchise QB, he should get whatever number he wants. They should take Baker's 7 and give it to Jimmy so Cam can have 2. If Baker doesn't like that they should ask him why it's such a big deal what number is on his shirt while he's punting.

So we draft someone to supposedly be our franchise QB, yet has proved nothing at the next level. You feel we are expected to give him eveyrthing he wants, no questions asked, even if it upsets established vets on the team?

That is stupid. Vets already get pissed at the money that is thrown at the high draft picks and you endorse alienating the veterans on the team by basically sucking up to Cam Newton.

For Gods sake let the Cam actually earn something through hard work and good play before treating him like the second coming.

You simply DON'T play favouritism to any player, as it takes 22 to play and 53 to play properly in this game.

He's a fuging punter, who cares what he thinks?

Cam desont deserve a damn thing.

He doest even deserve the rookie contract he'll end up signing.

Like a few others have said, he can have his pick of the numbers that are available.

Glad to see that the lack of common sense and rational thinking still hasn't gone away since cam being drafted. The collective iq of the huddle took a major hit from the panthers drafting cam.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaameeeeeeeeeeennn.

Clausen didn't throw a fit over a number. Cam is not the franchise QB yet wither. Grow the fug up and choose a different number.

Pick a fuging number that nobody else has right now.

you have to have almost no life experience at all to make the argument that cam should waltz into the organization and get whatever number he wants. that type of poo doesn't fly in any job, NFL or not - or if it does, the boss/owner is shitty.

best thing cam can do right now is put his head down, shut up about numbers, and make it clear he hasn't earned the right to pick his jersey number, but that he vows to make a legend out of the one he's issued. that is leadership.

Someone asked Newton if he wanted the No.2 jersey WITHOUT mentioning Clausen and he said "Yes" the media and the HUDDLE are dragging this out to a non-story, so get your fugging facts straight! Cam has not commented on this matter any further, and Baker needs stfu and stop adding more fuel to the fire for the media.

1 person likes this

Someone asked Newton if he wanted the No.2 jersey WITHOUT mentioning Clausen and he said "Yes" the media and the HUDDLE are dragging this out to a non-story, so get your fugging facts straight! Cam has not commented on this matter any further, and Baker needs stfu and stop adding more fuel to the fire for the media.

.. wow. You're either naive or an idiot. What jersey # does Clausen have? If I'm not mistaken its the # 2. A 3rd grader could read between the lines. He doesn't need to mention Clausen's name, he's the one with the jersey #. Baker isn't adding anything to the 'fire', he's speaking the truth. There are bigger things to worry about than a jersey number. Oh by the way, baker doesn't need to stfu, he's a veteran and has more right to speak his mind about the matter since he's on the team and has played a down in the NFL. Baker was also asked and he answered, don't get upset that Cam isn't getting his way..

Cam didn't DEMAND ANYTHING, he asked if he can have the number and I'm pretty sure he offered him money for the rights to it. And also we don't know if Cam has picked a number or not yet, since Teams aren't allowed to sell rookies jersey's until the lockout is over.

Lol...so now your going to split hairs over a word. So be it.

You call it what you want, and I'll continue to call it as I see it.

1 person likes this

I bet if it was Andrew Luck, there wouldn't be any question that he could have any number he wanted.

hehehehehehe

I bet Luck would worry about stuff that actually matters.

who says anyone is making a big deal about it other than the media and a few dodos in here?

people are too easy to get riled up.

it doesn't matter and i doubt anyone actually involved is losing sleep over it as much as you clowns are.