108 replies to this topic

#16 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:47 PM

You may disagree, but that's really the MOST ridiculous thing you've EVER read on here? LOL

Nope. I'm just :troll:

And I do disagree. I don't know why a rookie should be entitled to getting what he wants. Just doesn't seem right to me. imho.

#17 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • -24,949 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

Who gives a shiit about a damned number. You guys amaze me about the ridiculous things you guys care about.

#18 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,345 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

Who gives a shiit about a damned number. You guys amaze me about the ridiculous things you guys care about.

...obviously Jason Baker does, won't give his up but doesn't understand why anyone else cares about the number they wear.

#19 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,289 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

This is way to obvious the answer we seek is T.M.I, let me explain T.M.I = Jersey #

case solved

this is why no one wants to give up their jersey #

#20 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,109 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

Whoever can dig up the ACTUAL most ridiculous thing ever posted here gets unlimited pie from me for every post that I see them make until football starts. I'm here daily, and read almost every thread. I can't guarantee pie on posts I don't see, but otherwise it's yours. The rest of the huddle can vote for the winner by using a majority pie vote system. Requires quote and link to original thread.

#21 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,915 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

I think Jason's point was taken out of context a little. I think his point was that the only people who really care about numbergate are the media.

But honestly.... punters and kickers should not be allowed to express their opinions. Just because you couldn't cut it in futbol doesn't mean anyone gives a fug about your opinion in football.

Much in the same way that Canada isn't a real country; kickers/punters are not football players

#22 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:19 PM

I think asking people to change their number is ridiculous. Cam needs to pick a new number. He is the villain here. Baker and Clausen were here first. Cam needs to stop acting like he's royalty. He's gonna get paid like he's royalty, so he can at least show some humility to his new teammates.

Baker is one of the most overworked players in the league. Every time he tries to take a break the Panthers offense goes 3 and out. Then the defense likes to create turnovers. God knows what for, soon as Jimmy C touches the rock 3 times, Baker is out of his comfortable bench again.

You guys would be angry, too.

#23 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

Posted Image

#24 blackcat

blackcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

Baker has made more of an impact on this team than either clausen or newton. He's keepin his friggin number. Anyone who thinks he should be cut bc of this is an embarrassment to our fan base.

#25 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,544 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

Newton can pick a new number let, he is our franchise QB and for that he can pick first of all the rookies drafted. How is that?

#26 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,345 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

In reality, I wouldn't advocate cutting Baker to get his number or forcing him to give it up - I was being sarcastic, but I did think it was odd that Baker followed up his comment about not understanding why a number was so important with a declaration that he wasn't giving his up (if it's not important, than why not give it up?)

If Cam is smart, he wouldn't want the team to take a # from a vet and give it to him - that would be the wrong way to get things started with his teammates. Can't wait until he actually picks a number so this discussion can end.

Edited by CatMan72, 19 May 2011 - 11:14 PM.

#27 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

Baker is my new least favorite Panther.

"The # shouldn't matter, yet I'm gonna bitch like a douche about someone wanting mine". Just go out and punt. you're hardly even an athlete.

#28 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

When Matt Moore gets cut someone will take number 3

#29 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,202 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:28 AM

Jimmy probably should have had the 7 last year and I'm sure something was said to Baker. Doesn't sound like a Clausen thing to not ask for it.

He sounds a little too defensive for it not to be and it doesn't help that he was 7 in college too. He just dosen't want the pressure to give his number up.

I just find it ironic that Baker says he doesn't understand why it should be a big deal to Cam what number he wears, but Baker won't give up his number... hypocrisy at it's finest.

...obviously Jason Baker does, won't give his up but doesn't understand why anyone else cares about the number they wear.

"The # shouldn't matter, yet I'm gonna bitch like a douche about someone wanting mine". Just go out and punt. you're hardly even an athlete.

*AHEM*
“I have no intent to change jerseys and haven’t been approached to do so,” Baker said.

#30 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

Really, remember this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com