108 replies to this topic

#31 Carolina Mike II

Carolina Mike II

Was Just Carolina Mike!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:09 AM

God I miss Football!! I would rather hear about the new schemes the coaching staff is going to use and who is going to be traded/picked up....so on and so on. I HATE this LOCKOUT CRAP!! Leads to dumb Crap like this..... "No, I want this Jersey # b/c I had it in College" ***NEWSFLASH!!*** You are in the NFL NOW!!!! Get a new # and make history with it! If you want your College # either go back to school (if you graduated you can wear it at home games in the stands saying "Look at me, I played here") or GTFO of the NFL!!!!

BTW - FUG Punters!!!!

FUG!!!! (yes I feel better now)

#32 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:11 AM

Cam desont deserve a damn thing.

He doest even deserve the rookie contract he'll end up signing.
Like a few others have said, he can have his pick of the numbers that are available.

Glad to see that the lack of common sense and rational thinking still hasn't gone away since cam being drafted. The collective iq of the huddle took a major hit from the panthers drafting cam.

#33 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,764 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:16 AM

Honestly, unless Carolina decides to retire #17 for Jake as the most prestigious QB we've had since inception I think Jimmy should take that number and give Cam the #2. Just sayin'.

#34 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,587 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:18 AM

I just find it ironic that Baker says he doesn't understand why it should be a big deal to Cam what number he wears, but Baker won't give up his number... hypocrisy at it's finest.

I guess I missed it when Baker came in demanding a # that was another players.

I think it's pretty clear that baker doesn't understand why other players should have to give up their # just another player wants it. Two different things.

Baker is a pretty straight up guy, and you are calling him out over a lack of understanding on your part.

That's priceless.

#35 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:26 AM

I guess I missed it when Baker came in demanding a # that was another players.

I think it's pretty clear that baker doesn't understand why other players should have to give up their # just another player wants it. Two different things.

Baker is a pretty straight up guy, and you are calling him out over a lack of understanding on your part.

That's priceless.

Cam didn't DEMAND ANYTHING, he asked if he can have the number and I'm pretty sure he offered him money for the rights to it. And also we don't know if Cam has picked a number or not yet, since Teams aren't allowed to sell rookies jersey's until the lockout is over.

#36 KJDaniel31

KJDaniel31

The Realist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:48 AM

I wouldn't give up my number either....and I would heckle those who coming into the league made a big deal about their number.

I don't see how it's contradicting at all....Baker is saying to pick a number that's available and get to work....stop asking or hinting that you want someone else's.

#37 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:49 AM

Does it really matter what number Cam has Jimmy has or baker. The only thing im concerned about is wat they do on the field this year. Its obivious cam wants the number everybody and there mother knows it. But its between him and clausen, if Cam ask Jimmy how much he wants for it and Jimmy sets a price then they will go through with it.If not Cam will just get another jersey. And baker just need to shut up he is just the punter go punt some S***.

#38 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:24 AM

From PFT:

Read more: http://profootballta...ey-number-talk/

So Baker doesn't understand why a jersey number is so important to Clausen or Cam, but he won't give his up?

Sorry, this is really simple for me - Cam is supposed to be our franchise QB, he should get whatever number he wants. They should take Baker's 7 and give it to Jimmy so Cam can have 2. If Baker doesn't like that they should ask him why it's such a big deal what number is on his shirt while he's punting.

So we draft someone to supposedly be our franchise QB, yet has proved nothing at the next level. You feel we are expected to give him eveyrthing he wants, no questions asked, even if it upsets established vets on the team?

That is stupid. Vets already get pissed at the money that is thrown at the high draft picks and you endorse alienating the veterans on the team by basically sucking up to Cam Newton.

For Gods sake let the Cam actually earn something through hard work and good play before treating him like the second coming.

You simply DON'T play favouritism to any player, as it takes 22 to play and 53 to play properly in this game.

#39 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:31 AM

He's a fuging punter, who cares what he thinks?

#40 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,797 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:49 AM

Cam desont deserve a damn thing.

He doest even deserve the rookie contract he'll end up signing.
Like a few others have said, he can have his pick of the numbers that are available.

Glad to see that the lack of common sense and rational thinking still hasn't gone away since cam being drafted. The collective iq of the huddle took a major hit from the panthers drafting cam.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaameeeeeeeeeeennn.

Clausen didn't throw a fit over a number. Cam is not the franchise QB yet wither. Grow the fug up and choose a different number.

#41 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:01 AM

Pick a fuging number that nobody else has right now.

#42 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,826 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:37 AM

you have to have almost no life experience at all to make the argument that cam should waltz into the organization and get whatever number he wants. that type of poo doesn't fly in any job, NFL or not - or if it does, the boss/owner is shitty.

best thing cam can do right now is put his head down, shut up about numbers, and make it clear he hasn't earned the right to pick his jersey number, but that he vows to make a legend out of the one he's issued. that is leadership.

#43 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:02 AM

Someone asked Newton if he wanted the No.2 jersey WITHOUT mentioning Clausen and he said "Yes" the media and the HUDDLE are dragging this out to a non-story, so get your fugging facts straight! Cam has not commented on this matter any further, and Baker needs stfu and stop adding more fuel to the fire for the media.

#44 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,797 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:32 AM

Someone asked Newton if he wanted the No.2 jersey WITHOUT mentioning Clausen and he said "Yes" the media and the HUDDLE are dragging this out to a non-story, so get your fugging facts straight! Cam has not commented on this matter any further, and Baker needs stfu and stop adding more fuel to the fire for the media.

.. wow. You're either naive or an idiot. What jersey # does Clausen have? If I'm not mistaken its the # 2. A 3rd grader could read between the lines. He doesn't need to mention Clausen's name, he's the one with the jersey #. Baker isn't adding anything to the 'fire', he's speaking the truth. There are bigger things to worry about than a jersey number. Oh by the way, baker doesn't need to stfu, he's a veteran and has more right to speak his mind about the matter since he's on the team and has played a down in the NFL. Baker was also asked and he answered, don't get upset that Cam isn't getting his way..

#45 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,587 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:51 AM

Cam didn't DEMAND ANYTHING, he asked if he can have the number and I'm pretty sure he offered him money for the rights to it. And also we don't know if Cam has picked a number or not yet, since Teams aren't allowed to sell rookies jersey's until the lockout is over.

Lol...so now your going to split hairs over a word. So be it.

You call it what you want, and I'll continue to call it as I see it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com