Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fiz

Holy god Bobby Jindal was awful tonight

63 posts in this topic

Here is another clue... People could afford those houses before they were laid off.

I don't think that tells the whole story. The housing market collapse started before large numbers of people got laid off. The Unemployment rate when Bear Sterns collapsed was at 5%, about the same as it was in 2006 when Wachovia bought Golden West. Many people were flipping houses, and when they couldn't flip them anymore, they let the banks take them, and from what I understand, thats what got things rolling downhill.

Jindal was bad...Good thing I don't vote for candidates based on their oratory skills.

One thing I like about Thomas Jefferson. He wasn't big on speeches. He published papers and wrote letters.

I don't think that tells the whole story. The housing market collapse started before large numbers of people got laid off. The Unemployment rate when Bear Sterns collapsed was at 5%, about the same as it was in 2006 when Wachovia bought Golden West. Many people were flipping houses, and when they couldn't flip them anymore, they let the banks take them, and from what I understand, thats what got things rolling downhill.

I blame those damn house flipping shows. Look how easy it is, everybody. Go out and buy a second house!

listen to this yes i know im amazing at the internet

listen to this yes i know im amazing at the internet

I clicked on your link and got this. WTF Fiz?

obama-hillary-dunk.jpg

There I go, making it about Obama again......

you are very unfunny

And I'm fat. That's two big strikes against me.

Just took a big after lunch Fiz. Man. I should be outside the men's room waving the black flag.

I'm of the opinion that the dismantling of our industrial base by the tens of thousands year after year with a acceleration the last couple years has finally caught up to us. Jobs shipped, factories shuttered.

We don't even make our own blue jeans anymore, military air tankers either. The bottom line replaced good sense.

We need to create a standard financial instrument as far as mortgages go to ensure the stability and the believability of our housing market and also appraisal reform.

We need to be the generation to fix these problems along with education, healthcare costs and science or we're toast.

With these monumental tasks ahead of us either we can tear each other apart with our differences or be united in our own salvation for ourselves our children and our childrens children.

Thats why politics needs to take a back seat a couple of years in order to come up with common solutions for our common problems.

(watching too much CNN lately, sorry.):D

Thats why politics needs to take a back seat a couple of years in order to come up with common solutions for our common problems.

Agreed, but when you're telling the American public that your stimulus package has to be passed or we'll all be standing in bread lines, can you at least come to the table with something that is purely intended to create jobs? I mean, that IS the top priority right now, right? Not water parks in San Francisco...

At least Jindal has principles. He bashed the stimulus plan and stuck to his guns by only accepting 99% of the money.

Go get em bobby!

At least Jindal has principles. He bashed the stimulus plan and stuck to his guns by only accepting 99% of the money.

Go get em bobby!

Exactly.