• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#46 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

Thats why politics needs to take a back seat a couple of years in order to come up with common solutions for our common problems.

Agreed, but when you're telling the American public that your stimulus package has to be passed or we'll all be standing in bread lines, can you at least come to the table with something that is purely intended to create jobs? I mean, that IS the top priority right now, right? Not water parks in San Francisco...

#47 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

At least Jindal has principles. He bashed the stimulus plan and stuck to his guns by only accepting 99% of the money.

Go get em bobby!

#48 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

At least Jindal has principles. He bashed the stimulus plan and stuck to his guns by only accepting 99% of the money.

Go get em bobby!

Exactly.

#49 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,855 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

Agreed, but when you're telling the American public that your stimulus package has to be passed or we'll all be standing in bread lines, can you at least come to the table with something that is purely intended to create jobs? I mean, that IS the top priority right now, right? Not water parks in San Francisco...

on one hand you're claiming jobs need to be created, and on the other you're denouncing a large construction project that will take years of labor.

it sounds kind of silly to hear "water park," but if you think about it, it makes quite a bit of sense.

#50 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,855 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:25 PM

Go get em bobby!

reminder that in that speech, the governor of a state that saw it's most vibrant and economically salient city flattened by a natural disaster criticized funding spent to prevent a natural disaster.

#51 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:33 PM

on one hand you're claiming jobs need to be created, and on the other you're denouncing a large construction project that will take years of labor.

it sounds kind of silly to hear "water park," but if you think about it, it makes quite a bit of sense.

Saving is great for the individual while spending is great for the economy. Balance is ideal.

There has to be "spending" to replace the void or nobody works.

Both sides are correct but both are only half the story.

#52 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,155 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

Saving is great for the individual while spending is great for the economy. Balance is ideal.

There has to be "spending" to replace the void or nobody works.

Both sides are correct but both are only half the story.

Lets just spend to spend. These guys are are fuging crooks.

Taxpayers for Common Sense, a budget watchdog group, counted 8,570 pet projects totaling $7.7 billion inserted into the bill by lawmakers. The so-called earmarks include $22 million for an addition for the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, dozens of grants to states and counties to battle methamphetamine, and a new $250,000 siren for St. Paul, Minn., to warn residents of tornadoes and other emergencies.

...and a 10 percent increase for the money-losing Amtrak passenger rail system.

Congress also awarded itself a 10 percent increase in its own budget, bringing it to $4.4 billion.

With Bush out of the way, Democrats were free to draft the measures as they pleased, rewarding hundreds of individual programs with increases

http://www.startribu...iD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

#53 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

We need a youtube video of that Swedish chef from the Muppets. That song he sings where at the end he says "pork pork pork".

#54 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,155 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:07 PM

Bu-bu-bu Bubba's Bar-B-Que.

#55 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:18 PM

I'm of the opinion that the dismantling of our industrial base by the tens of thousands year after year with a acceleration the last couple years has finally caught up to us. Jobs shipped, factories shuttered.

We don't even make our own blue jeans anymore, military air tankers either. The bottom line replaced good sense.

We need to create a standard financial instrument as far as mortgages go to ensure the stability and the believability of our housing market and also appraisal reform.

We need to be the generation to fix these problems along with education, healthcare costs and science or we're toast.

With these monumental tasks ahead of us either we can tear each other apart with our differences or be united in our own salvation for ourselves our children and our childrens children.

Thats why politics needs to take a back seat a couple of years in order to come up with common solutions for our common problems.

(watching too much CNN lately, sorry.):D

You should listen to NPR, its better. :)

Just wanted to point out one thing. IRT the tankers, the difference was whether Boeing would make them in Washington, or Airbus would make them in Alabama. Both companies outsourced parts manufacture for the aircraft, so its not like they would be entirely american made even if Boeing made them.

Also, our manufacturing output is still the largest in the world, despite all the outsourcing and buying overseas. Its not as bad as some people make it out to be.

#56 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:35 PM

listen to this yes i know im amazing at the internet

Some solid info there.

But, I hear so much bad stuff about CDOs and how they caused the collapse and how they're so horrible. But that's simply not true. CDOs are legit instruments that can generate great investments if they're used properly and built off solid securities. You can try to paint a Pinto to make it look like a BMW but it will still blow up on you. The CDOs certainly need to be rated better but more importantly the people creating the CDOs need to be more responsible and hold more accountability.

As the gun saying goes: CDOs don't destroy economies, people do.

#57 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,481 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:25 PM

The only positive review of Jindal I've read or heard all day today has been from Tom Delay, but that was right before he said he thought Bush was a "great" President.

#58 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

They'll be blaming Obama for the deficit in....3, 2, 1....

Two things really shook this country and we never really recovered:

1.The IT and stock market crash of 2000

2. 9/11

That plus bad decisions and policy in the years to follow have weakened our economic machine. We're playing catch up. We need to stop flailing and put our backs into the job of getting out of this hole.

I think Jindal did OK just OK. He has yet to put forth a new idea. I do feel that this new and fervent outrage is rather late. They should have put up this fight years ago instead of rubber stamping. The same old partisan posturing won't get us out of this mess.

If we don't choose this time to unite we'll all fall together. This has to be the "Great Generation" now it's on us and this president to steer ourselves in the right direction.

If not some of these bonds may be cashed in for real estate. Our biggest creditor needs some acreage.

#59 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,792 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:13 PM

Well, I was on the fence, but now it is official - Jindal is just not that bright.

http://www.cnn.com/2...noes/index.html

#60 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

Here is another clue... People could afford those houses before they were laid off.

that's not a clue unless your trying to tell me that you don't have a clue about what you are talking about.

I work in the industry and they couldn't afford them to begin with, I can't tell you how many people that I have done work for or they tried to get me to do work for them that couldn't afford the house they bought.

Your learn to spot them after you get burned by them once or twice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.