Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Maher on OBL and Christianity

143 posts in this topic

Posted

So uninformed you even had to admit he was "sort of" right, which is about as ringing of an endorsement as I can ever hope to muster from someone who's so butthurt about a repetitive "uninformed condecending ass."

"Sort of" isn't really a passing grade for a political/religious piece imho. More like... a feeble attempt at making a point... very feeble in this case, which almost makes a point, but fails.

And Butthurt? Not really. It's just classic Maher garbage. He's an ass. Always. Its no wonder why he appeals and fits in with the brooding throngs of modern Hatetheists.

Posted

I agree with about 85% of Maher's argument. Christian should not condone torture. OBL on the other hand deserved it. We should not rejoice and celebrate it, but "Turn the other cheek" only goes so far.

Turn the other cheek. That means two strikes. Jesus didn't say turn the other cheek then turn it back and turn again. OBL killed people in New York, Pennsylvania, and in DC. That's three strikes. What happens after strike three? You're out.

Jesus was a baseball fan.:D

Posted

Again, I'm happy as hell he died, and I hope that bullet rattled around for a while very slowly, but you just interpreted your own version of what you wished Jesus would have said. He definitely didn't say "turn the other cheek until it becomes too difficult too."

Posted

Again, I'm happy as hell he died, and I hope that bullet rattled around for a while very slowly, but you just interpreted your own version of what you wished Jesus would have said. He definitely didn't say "turn the other cheek until it becomes too difficult too."

You only have two cheeks, unless you want to count the ones on your ass.:rolleyes: Then there are four.

But like I said, Maher is pretty much right on torture and celebrating the death of OBL. I just don't agree with his statement that we must forever be defenseless b/c his interpretation of the Bible says so.

Posted

You only have two cheeks, unless you want to count the ones on your ass.:rolleyes: Then there are four.

But like I said, Maher is pretty much right on torture and celebrating the death of OBL. I just don't agree with his statement that we must forever be defenseless b/c his interpretation of the Bible says so.

^^^

Posted

I wonder if Mahr knows where the moon came from... :D

Posted

Correct again.

Always love to hear a anti Christian make "expert" comments about Christians. Talk about your hypocritical jack ass.

Posted

If you're a Christian conservative you probably won't like it.

I'm not a Christian, but I still cant stand him. Even when i agree with him.

2 people like this

Posted

omg you are so missing out

like-omg.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Good thing I am not a Christian, because I was thrilled when that fugger died. It just sucks that he went out without feeling a thing. He should have burned alive like the poor folks who were trapped in the top floors of the WTC buildings.

Damn, that post felt great!

Posted

Posted

Always love to hear a anti Christian make "expert" comments about Christians. Talk about your hypocritical jack ass.