142 replies to this topic

#136 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,211 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:15 AM

Didn't watch, but I read the thread. I thought all the celebrations at Times Square and the WH was a disgrace to America. Matter of fact, when I said so here on a few of the threads I was call a non patriot and one poster even said "This is what is wrong with the US."

#137 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:06 AM

durp durp im bill maher christians are gay so are vaccines lets smoke pot whelp im out

Where'd you find the transcript?

#138 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,196 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

I guess "force-fed" is a poor choice of words, but i think i know what he is trying to describe, and it is something that pretty much all people who are agnostic or atheist go through.

If you tell someone that you are agnostic or atheist, it changes they're opinion of you. All the sudden, you are either a monster, or you are a "lost soul". The latter being the worst because it is annoying as hell when I know more about the history of the Bible, and the scripture within than the the person trying to teach me about it does, but he still feels the need to preach to me.

The whole time, I either feel like walking away, or even if I do feel like sharing why I am not a believer, a christian will never understand or accept the points you are trying to get across about contradiction in the scripture, or stuff that it says that is flat out wrong. Or you end up getting the whole "faith" lecture that just goes around in a circle.

Isn't the flip side true tho? You don't think the moment somebody says they believe etc, people re think spending time with them or mock them behind their back or snicker?

I see this in the corporate world moreso than the agnostic getting a raw deal. I purposely don't wear crosses or having religious jargon on stuff I own or have at work. Because I understand human nature. Somebody sees one shred of that and start to sterotype or judge or put that person in a box.

I like when I'm hanging with somebody and they are so comfortable speaking their mind that they "bash" christians and they go so what to do you think? Umm, well, I'm that person you just dogged. But then that opens up some great conversations.

As a great poet once said, People are people, so why should it be...

#139 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,196 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

Where'd you find the transcript?

it was the liner notes in the Jean Claude Van Damme epic, JCVD.

#140 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

still haven't had a good explanation of "one taken, one left" other than the concept of rapture...

#141 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,196 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:53 AM

still haven't had a good explanation of "one taken, one left" other than the concept of rapture...

i have used John 5 many times.

#142 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

"for all men fall short of the glory of god."

/duhthreadlikecuzitstheexcusetoendallexcuse!

btw I am christian and I wan't offended by Mr Maher. What he said is the truth... to bad he knows so much but will burn in hell for not being christian...I pray for him and all the lost. Osama and his kin as well and I'm no where near perfect and most reactions are knee jerk. Was I happy the Osama died YES was I happy about a being happy- NO- BOOM CHRISTIANITY!

#143 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

"for all men fall short of the glory of god."

/duhthreadlikecuzitstheexcusetoendallexcuse!

btw I am christian and I wan't offended by Mr Maher. What he said is the truth... to bad he knows so much but will burn in hell for not being christian...I pray for him and all the lost. Osama and his kin as well and I'm no where near perfect and most reactions are knee jerk. Was I happy the Osama died YES was I happy about a being happy- NO- BOOM CHRISTIANITY!

Can't wait to burn in hell, myself. Gonna be one hot party! :seeya:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com