Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pantherfan81

Roger Goodell: Time coming soon to cancel first NFL game due to lockout

46 posts in this topic

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/05/roger-goodell-time-coming-soon-to-cancel-first-nfl-game-due-to-lockout/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TP-TheHuddle+%28Sports+-+The+Huddle%29

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made clear on Wednesday that a decision for him to start cancelling preseason games because of the lockout is approaching.

"We don't have a date, but obviously that time is coming," Goodell said as owners wrapped up their spring meetings (via PFT).

"Obviously we would prefer to get a negotiated agreement so we don't have to make those decisions."

i wish they would stop talking about it, and just get a deal done.

We don't need 4 pre-season games anyay.

^^^ i agree. never liked him.

I love it! This is how unruly employees get dealt with. Ever so deftly.

do ya feel the squeeze yet DeSmiff?

I love it! This is how unruly employees get dealt with. Ever so deftly.

do ya feel the squeeze yet DeSmiff?

I wouldn't call a threatening to cancel games that nobody wants to watch or play dealing with someone.

I wouldn't call a threatening to cancel games that nobody wants to watch or play dealing with someone.

It's a process. Goodell and owners are setting the timeline. If the time for cutting pre-season game one is soon then the time for cutting reg-season game one is soon + 30 days.