Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roger Goodell: Time coming soon to cancel first NFL game due to lockout

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Panther fans should not be happy about cutting preseason games THIS season.

Cam is going to need every opportunity to play as he can get.

Less Preseason could mean longer development time for :cam:

Posted

Does that mean he should suck himself?

And this line of conversation will inevitably bring us to:

1 person likes this

Posted

Why in the world would anyone not want football all year. The fans are the ones that suffer and the league and players would be irreparably damaged. I agree with those who are angry that the players and owners seem fine playing this game of chicken, but to see the game I love hurt for everyone just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I wouldn't like to see this thing dragged out, but some football is better than no football. At least in my way of thinking.

I'm sure what you've been seeing lately isn't the game you love. Hopefully a little time out from both sides will bring them back to reality and get the game back to where it should be.

There are enough interesting things out there for me to keep busy for a few months without football.

Posted

I'm sure what you've been seeing lately isn't the game you love. Hopefully a little time out from both sides will bring them back to reality and get the game back to where it should be.

There are enough interesting things out there for me to keep busy for a few months without football.

You miss the point which is that a work stoppage of one year will damage the game ongoingly just like it did baseball in the 80s. The game won't go back to where it should be, it will go backwards permanently. There are still people who don't watch baseball even now. I used to be a huge baseball fan and now only watch it when my favorite team is playing. Compare that to football where I watch good games even when my team isn't playing.

Hoping that we don't have football to spite the player's and owner's greed hurts the fans the most. And they will backlash by boycotting which hurts football across the board. The outcome is that football as a whole suffers.

If we don't play football in 2011 the ripple will be felt for decades. So to say it is about finding other things to do on Sunday for a couple of months is rather simplistic in my way of thinking. The strike of 95 in baseball almost killed the game. Even now some teams are just recovering.

1 person likes this

Posted

You miss the point which is that a work stoppage of one year will damage the game ongoingly just like it did baseball in the 80s. The game won't go back to where it should be, it will go backwards permanently. There are still people who don't watch baseball even now. I used to be a huge baseball fan and now only watch it when my favorite team is playing. Compare that to football where I watch good games even when my team isn't playing.

Hoping that we don't have football to spite the player's and owner's greed hurts the fans the most. And they will backlash by boycotting which hurts football across the board. The outcome is that football as a whole suffers.

If we don't play football in 2011 the ripple will be felt for decades. So to say it is about finding other things to do on Sunday for a couple of months is rather simplistic in my way of thinking. The strike of 95 in baseball almost killed the game. Even now some teams are just recovering.

It's that type of attitude that gives them the power they think they have now. I couldn't care less if people who don't know anything about football never watch another game. I still enjoy baseball, Lakers basketball, college football, MMA, March Madness, Golf, etc. It'll suck with no NFL, but it won't be the end of the world.

Posted

DNhMB.gif

Posted

The players are going to wait for the outcome of the appeal, if the owners win the appeal (and it sounds like they will) then the players will quickly make a deal. If the owners lose the appeal, then the owners will quickly made a deal.

Posted

DeMo Smith is the problem, not Goodell.

1 person likes this

Posted

both guys are the problem, not just one.

Posted

DeMo Smith is the problem, not Goodell.

He has been bombastic and confrontational since the day he was hired. It is really hard to get behind that guy.

As soon as they put a counter proposal on the table (no matter how bad for the owners) the sooner the real negotiations can start.

Until then I can't believe that they are participating in good faith.

Posted

He has been bombastic and confrontational since the day he was hired. It is really hard to get behind that guy.

As soon as they put a counter proposal on the table (no matter how bad for the owners) the sooner the real negotiations can start.

Until then I can't believe that they are participating in good faith.

this has always been my problem with De smith....i know your not here to be the owners golf buddy but can yall at least be civil?

Posted

No way I'd even consider supporting the players in the slightest until they try to make a counter proposal. They want it all, and they want it when they want it. They have no desire to compromise. They're the ones who wanted to send this thing to the courts instead of negotiating at the table.

1 person likes this