it wouldnt of mattered, he would have finished even worse if the flag came out

That's kindof the point.

#18 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:45 AM

honestly, I liked the non call...I think there are too many pussy caution flags and this showed that there wasn't a need...track was clear by the time the leaders came around.

#19 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

honestly, I liked the non call...I think there are too many pussy caution flags and this showed that there wasn't a need...track was clear by the time the leaders came around.

Regardless, it wasn't consistent with the way NASCAR had been issuing caution flags the rest of the night.

#20 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:02 AM

true dat

#21 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:38 AM

Had Nascar really been wanting a Jr win, they would've thrown the caution after he took the white flag. Then it's a done race.

Hate to break to the haters.

Learn the rules before you post dumb poo.

#22 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:00 PM

What gets me is that NASCAR doesn't realize half of its fan base sees what they're doing when they pull stuff like that.

#23 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,878 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:08 PM

Had Nascar really been wanting a Jr win, they would've thrown the caution after he took the white flag. Then it's a done race.

Hate to break to the haters.

Learn the rules before you post dumb poo.

that would have been the same as taking out a front page article stating, "we engineered Jr's win"

The bumping was on the first of two laps and caution should have been thrown then, waiting a full lap later after the white flag would have stunk to high heaven.

By the way, Nascar rules aren't that hard to grasp.

#24 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

What gets me is that NASCAR doesn't realize half of its fan base sees what they're doing when they pull stuff like that.

The fan base will still watch. They lose very few viewers by pulling all these strings for the chosen one.

I admit that it chased me away from the sport several years ago to the point that I just watch an occasional race here and there. But the number of Dale Jr jock sniffers far outweigh the numbers that give up on NASCAR because of the preferential treatment to Jr.

#25 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

Maybe it is time to pull out that WRANGLER paint scheme again?

;)

#26 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

The fan base will still watch. They lose very few viewers by pulling all these strings for the chosen one.

I admit that it chased me away from the sport several years ago to the point that I just watch an occasional race here and there. But the number of Dale Jr jock sniffers far outweigh the numbers that give up on NASCAR because of the preferential treatment to Jr.

The lost fanbase isn't b/c NASCAR caters to Jr.
The lost fanbase all started in 2001 when NASCAR decided to pussify the sport. Maybe a bit earlier when it tried to stretch itself too far around the country and take away dates from its most historic tracks.
Rockingham gone
N. Wilksboro gone
Darlington cut to one race (and it's not Labor day anymore)
Threats to cut Martinsville to one race every year
Moving to California where they can't fill up the stands to save their life

The majority of the fanbase that is gone is from the South IMHO, although NASCAR doesn't want that to be known. They tried to make NASCAR more like the Indy series. If you want to watch that type of racing, watch Indy (nothing wrong with Indy, but they were two completely different styles of racing). NASCAR was rough, tough, and you had to bang fenders to win. Nowadays if you want to rough someone up, you are a poor sport.
While we're at it, let's pussify the NFL (already beginning to happen), NHL, and the MLB (they are in talks about it b/c Posey got hurt). NASCAR was a contact sport, now it's not so much. NASCAR's treatment of Jr. is not to blame for it's fanbase leaving.

Same mentality that has outlawed dodgeball in most PE classes.

#27 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

Regardless, it wasn't consistent with the way NASCAR had been issuing caution flags the rest of the night.

But it is consistent with how they've been calling cautions on the final laps the past year.... This is not the first time people have been wrecking on the final lap only to see no caution flag. If it's behind the leaders they've been letting them race to the line.

#28 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,546 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

Yep.

No surprise. It's in everyone's best interest for Jr. to win. NASCAR is a privately owned family organization. I would have let them run at the end as well.

#29 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

But it is consistent with how they've been calling cautions on the final laps the past year.... This is not the first time people have been wrecking on the final lap only to see no caution flag. If it's behind the leaders they've been letting them race to the line.

It wasnt the final lap

#30 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

The lost fanbase isn't b/c NASCAR caters to Jr.

And I didn't say that. In fact, I said that NASCAR has lost very few fans because of the JR catering/rigging/preferential treatment. I was rationalizing why NASCAR keeps pulling these stunts for JR when it is quite clear to the average intelligent and greater than that people of the world that that is what NASCAR is doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com