Photo
- - - - -

Panthers hire police to keep media out of workout

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

#76 TheWiz

TheWiz

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

The cool thing is that by reporting that they're not letting the media in, they're STILL reporting that the Panthers are having workouts. I think its genius! It doesnt ostracize fans... I think it only endears Panther fans. Lets us know that they're serious about this season... and that they dont want any distractions from winning as a team. The media did their job... We know they're working out...

We know Cam Newton was there... and we cannot confirm or deny that Steve Smith was there or not there. What do the fans gain from seeing the Panthers workout anyway? What if the media tried to get footage of how Cam studying the playbook? It would be more distracting that anything.

Keep pounding Panthers.

#77 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

The cool thing is that by reporting that they're not letting the media in, they're STILL reporting that the Panthers are having workouts. I think its genius! It doesnt ostracize fans... I think it only endears Panther fans. Lets us know that they're serious about this season... and that they dont want any distractions from winning as a team. The media did their job... We know they're working out...

We know Cam Newton was there... and we cannot confirm or deny that Steve Smith was there or not there. What do the fans gain from seeing the Panthers workout anyway? What if the media tried to get footage of how Cam studying the playbook? It would be more distracting that anything.

Keep pounding Panthers.

I know. I just want to see pics of the Panthers in action! I'd love to see some video of Cam dropping a bomb to Gettis... or Jimmy picking his nose. Anything.

#78 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

Keep pounding Panthers.

yez wee ken. ken joo nawt reed?

#79 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

half these guys couldn't bake a biscuit at Bojangles for 8$ an hour. Just because they are NFL athletes they aren't dummies?? Pfffft. A NFL team is usually 40 dummies and 10-15 leaders/thinkers. You give the vast majority of the NFL player way too much academic credit. What was Gambles wonderlic score? lol

Am I am happy the "dummies" are there. Yes and No. On one hand they are doing something. One the other it is quite possibly not what Rivera wants to see when they finally train together. I just dont want people to learn bad habits and get injured. Without appropriate trainers and coaches that is exactly what will happen.

I am glad to see Eugine Robinson out there though. It is the first of many moves that need to be made to help these "practices" become somewhat legitimate.

you might want to go look at some of the playbooks and schemes some teams run before you say something like it's 40 dummies on the team. :rolleyes:

yeah it's not rocket science but, it's pretty indepth stuff.

#80 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:20 PM

oh noes...pnthrs neg repped me! whatevershallido?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Posted Image Panthers hire police to... 06-01-2011 09:12 AM pnthrs lame bow out.

:lol:

#81 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

HUDDLER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

I gotcha covered.

#82 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:33 PM

I gotcha covered.

'preciate it. :lol:

#83 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

Moderators

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

oh noes...pnthrs neg repped me! whatevershallido?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
:lol:

lol its like a mosquito bite on a 2500lb rhinoceros. Yes I just called you a rhinoceros.

#84 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

lol its like a mosquito bite on a 2500lb rhinoceros. Yes I just called you a rhinoceros.

thanks? :lol:

#85 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

TROLLOLOL

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

Maybe I'm wrong and they saw how GAY the Saints looked last week in ESPN during their workouts...

Next time you are usually derogatory slurs to homosexuals, I don't think you should put it in all caps.

At any rate, I think this was a GREAT move by obvious VETS on the team! We are a team on a mission, and when we win the Superbowl this year they/we will all look at this as the day their quest began!

Are there such things as ambiguous VETS?

The next part just made me laugh but I have no comment other than that.