#16 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,699 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

I'm just happy I have Fantasy Baseball to fill my sports void.

#17 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

I'm just happy I have Fantasy Baseball to fill my sports void.

If you need a bat pick up Mike Morse. Dude is raking at the moment with a 9 game hitting streak with multiple homers. Don't know why but the dude is still a FA in a lot of leagues.

#18 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,699 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

Nice tip on Morse. Dan Uggla is killing me.

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 31 May 2011 - 09:07 PM.

#19 Jangler

Jangler

open your head and look around

• HUDDLER
  • 47,987 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

I'll miss football, but I'm not about to sit around panicking..

So, are you saying I should just wait on buying some razor blades?

#20 SPANKY

SPANKY

Smitty hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

I won't be panicking, I just hate to see the NFL go down this road. When will they get out of the courts and back to the table already?

#21 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

Soccer free agency starts in June and July (depending on the country). Champions League qualifing starts in late June. EPL starts in mid August. I'll be alright.

Some of you should give soccer a shot.

#22 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

I personally won't panic... The word for me would be more like Pissed off! Irate...

This will mark the first season in the last 5 years that I'm actually home and NOT deployed during football season. For them not to play would be a Huge smack in the face!

If there isn't a season I will NOT support the NFL ever again. My TV will never be tuned into a game. I'll just watch sports center and catch up on here. No Sunday Ticket purchases, no Jersey purchases... I'll wash my hands of them completely and dive head first into college football! I'm a huge fan of the college game but it's not even close to what I feel about the NFL.

I feel that if the NFL, players and owners can put their fans through a full lockout, then I'm not supporting them. That's just me though. A lot of people have said that, but they won't do it. Believe me, I will. You wanna sit there and play my face... Ok, but dint expect me to turn around and support you. If they miss any regular season games I'm done... Believe that!

#23 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,538 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:38 PM

I guess I'll study more, or take more trips. Enjoy my last fall semester in college *shrugs*. Sh*t, I need football and I need basketball. It sucks that both the NFL and NBA are going through this crap. Hopefully, they both get there respective situations resolved. I won't panic, but this is going to suck horribly. I have the Braves to hold me over until October(hopefully), but I need something to atleast get me over until UNC's season starts.

#24 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,622 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

When the Gamecocks start losing , I will then panic.

#25 Jangler

Jangler

open your head and look around

• HUDDLER
  • 47,987 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

Okay...I'm heading to CVS right now.

#26 strik9

strik9

Think before you post

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

As I said before, this would be my first chance to go to training, practices, and home games so I'm already disappointed. If by Sept. there's no football the NFL should panic. Short of being a PSL owner I spend quite a bit on merchandise, and that money will be spent elsewhere. I don't keep the sport (or the Panthers for that matter) afloat, but me combined with everyone else that feels the same does. They need to get their shite together, because they are slowly killin the goose.

#27 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,132 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

When the Gamecocks start losing , I will then panic.

So pretty soon?

:wink5:

#28 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,572 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

So, are you saying I should just wait on buying some razor blades?

naw, never know when you need to cut a brotha..

Soccer free agency starts in June and July (depending on the country). Champions League qualifing starts in late June. EPL starts in mid August. I'll be alright.

already have.. and if I'm hangin with Jangler near those razor blades, I might feel a sudden urge to cut my wrists and anyone near me..

except, watching Germany play early on in the world cup was entertaining since they were dominating this one team.

but I want to punch someone every time I see a flop... dude can be 5 feet away from a defender and go down like he was stabbed a few dozen times. I realize most soccer fans have accepted this as a part of the game, but I can't take it.

if I start watching anything more consistently, it'll be rugby..

#29 antame

antame

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

The NFL, players and owners alike, is going to be rudely awakened if they think fans will shrivel up and die without them. Most will be disappointed, but quickly find healthier things to do on Sundays than watch football, drink beer and follow fantasy teams all day long, and feelings toward the NFL will turn to apathy within a month or so if there's no season. Hell, it'll probably save some marriages.

#30 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

I will not start to panic until more than half the season is missed, and there is no plan to extend the season beyond the usual Superbowl date.

But really, this should all be over already. It is getting kind of ridiculous and a deal needs to be struck that will be short term so they can play, and have the lawyers and business people to continue on negotiating a long term deal.

It does suck for those who bought season tickets and such. That is a whole other ordeal connected to this damn lockout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com