Photo
- - - - -

Lockout: When will you start to panic?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#46 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

It honestly couldn't have happened at a better time for me. Dont get me wrong I do hope they get it figured out and we have a full season. BUT as it stands Ive found some new things to do with my weekends and choosing between my boats and football this year was going to suck.

Hell to be honest I'm probably already a casualty. I doubt Ill ever watch as much NFL as I have in the years past. This whole thing has really illustrated to me just how much of my fall was taken up by football and how out of whack that really was.

Edited by Inimicus, 01 June 2011 - 07:46 AM.

#47 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

I won't panic at all. If this is not fixed we really have not lost anything. Nothing compared to real football anyway. If the players and their legal protection prove they can dictate what the sport is and how it will be played we will be in for watching a long slow death of the NFL anyway.

#48 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

I guess with every sport you need to have a rooting interest in a team that is playing for something or at least a statistical interest in the players involved to really care.

The problems with live football are the field is too big, the ball is rarely in play, and when it is, you've often missed it. Seems like alot of effort to watch this live while you could much more easily be sipping a beer and catching every nuance of a half dozen or more games at your local.

I don't find that to be a problem with football... but I get that it could be an issue for some.

#49 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:43 AM

It honestly couldn't have happened at a better time for me. Dont get me wrong I do hope they get it figured out and we have a full season. BUT as it stands Ive found some new things to do with my weekends and choosing between my boats and football this year was going to suck.

Hell to be honest I'm probably already a casualty. I doubt Ill ever watch as much NFL as I have in the years past. This whole thing has really illustrated to me just how much of my fall was taken up by football and how out of whack that really was.

I want to go!

#50 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

HUDDLER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

Nachos, Lemonheads, My Dad's boat.

#51 jherald

jherald

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

"Do I look like a guy who panics?"...Robert De Niro

#52 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

I will panic when they announce a new CBA agreement and lift the lockout. I did the 10/90 PSL plan which means I paid 10% up front and have to pay 90% as soon as the lockout ends. So I will have to pony up around 1500 bucks.

Seriously I won't panic at all. They are only hurting themselves not me. Between my son playing soccer every weekend, boy scout outings, camping and college football, I will have more than enough to keep me busy.

#53 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

Around November, when the weather is getting too cool to dive on a regular basis. Until then, I will be pretty cool about it.

Thanksgiving without football would really be a bummer though.

#54 fjblair

fjblair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

I won't "panic" but this lockout thing will really start to piss me off when it becomes clear that we're going to miss regular season games.

This for me too.

#55 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

The only thing I panic about is bills.

not falcons?

#56 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

Aug 1. Instead of DeMarice and Roger drawing no salaries, they should set July 1 as a date to get this done or they both step down.