Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

re: secret meeting of the owners last night...

28 posts in this topic

Posted

The Huddle is good.

Thanks rayzor.

Posted

nice work sir.

Posted

Excellent post and definitely swag worthy... Unfortunately I must spread more swag before I can give it you. Rest assure that you will receive it though.

This is what I expected to see when I joined the Huddle, excellent post!

Posted

updated with a couple more tweets.

essentially so far...owners were having lunch, turned into a meeting with de smith and player reps. no lawyers, but the mediator assigned to the dispute, boylan, was there but not as a mediator.

much of the reason for this happening is, imo, due to what is supposed to be happening on friday.

andew brandt can explain it better than i can...

On Friday the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals (the Court) will be the epicenter of the two-year labor/legal battle between the NFL and its Players.

The Court will hear oral arguments regarding the NFL's appeal of the Players’ victory at the lower court level, where Judge Susan Nelson granted the Players a preliminary injunction blocking the lockout. Many (including myself) hope that the result of Friday’s hearing may be the tipping point to ultimately produce meaningful negotiations and/or a long-term CBA. Both sides appreciate the gravity of this proceeding, filing lengthy legal briefs vehemently championing their respective positions.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Prelude-to-the-Appeal.html

that whole article is a great read, actually, and really helps understand what is going on.

players might have a clue that things look bleak for them in these proceedings so they might be a bit more willing to work something out.

i hope so, anyway.

also interesting to note...

Jeff_McLane Statement from Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid: "The Philadelphia Eagles coaching staff was not aware that a brief was being ...

"... filed by the NFL Coaches Association in the 8th Circuit Court against the NFL Owners last week. We were surprised by the filing and ...

"... and do not support it in any way.”

might be more coaches out there who feel the same way.

Posted

surprised.gif

Posted

BradBiggs De Smith and 5 players just left meeting w/ NFL in a Chicago suburb. Details to follow this afternoon at Chicago Tribune.
updated first post...

we'll probably hear more shortly.

Posted

Secret meetings in the burbs.

Exactly how I thought progress would be made.

Posted

if De Smith punk ass was there then there is always a lawyer present...

Posted

what is US Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan role in all of this? if he is there how secret is this?

Posted

also interesting to note...

might be more coaches out there who feel the same way.

There was an article out a few days ago with the Jags and Redskins staff feeling the same way

Posted

what is US Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan role in all of this? if he is there how secret is this?
i'd go with secret meaning unpublicized as in the media wasn't informed. (hmmm...locked out again?)

it sounds like it was a bit of an impromptu meeting to begin with and as things were discussed, more were invited. boylan was probably there more as a witness to what was discussed more than anything.