• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#1 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

Has anyone ever read this book and tried the ideas in it? He basically asserts that any food that comes from a corporation is inherently bad because a corporation's main motive is profit, not quality food. He espouses various detox programs, only organic (and preferably local) food, no tap water, no microwaved food, getting on Thomas Jefferson time for your sleep (10PM to 6AM), and on and on..

Anyway, I had basically been living like this anyway for a while, but this really helped me to focus and take it up a notch. The guy himself does seem to be a scammer but doesn't invalidate what he says.

Thoughts?

Posted Image

#2 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

If the stuff really worked we would know about it regardless. If some natural thing literally cured a disease, you can be certain some enterprising scientists would be all over it before Kevin Trudeau.

And going to sleep at 10pm you miss the best part of the day.

#3 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

Great book...known about it for years. I do not trust the medical industry with a ten foot pole. Health is based on diet, period. If you eat garbage foods and treat your body like sh*t, you're then giving diseases a acidic environment to live and thrive in. The number one cause to illness is what you put in your body...however nutrition may as well not even exist in the corrupt world of "modern medicine." Disease cannot survive in an alkaline environment. My mother cured my grandfather's cancer due to 3 things: The SCIO/EPFX, Lakhovsky Multiwave Oscillator, and diet. Its really that simple. The body wants to be well, you just have to feed it what it naturally needs...and that is light, energy, and nutrition. These pills and other hazardous, non-natural chemicals only makes matters that much worse.

The medical industry is a complete scam. The only thing they're good for is emergency surgeries...like sewing you up or taking a bullet out of you. F*ck big pharma. F*ck doctors.

#4 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

If the stuff really worked we would know about it regardless. If some natural thing literally cured a disease, you can be certain some enterprising scientists would be all over it before Kevin Trudeau.

And going to sleep at 10pm you miss the best part of the day.

Would we? The status quo of corporate driven profits likes to stifle innovation. And isn't about cures so much as the realization that if you are running at peak efficiency it is very hard to get or stay sick. I'm definitely in the best shape of my life by following a natural diet/power yoga/dedicated gym regimen.

#5 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

Yea i dont think you could be any further from the truth. C'mon Rodeo, i thought you were smarter than this. There is a cure for cancer, AIDS, you name it. Do you think they will ever be publicly released? Hell no, or at least not for a long long time. Kemo and these other bullsh*t "treatments" that cause more harm than good are making big pharma a killing. It's about profit, not cures. As corrupt as this world is i figured you'd be able to see this. The medical industry is disgusting. They take a potentially hazardous situation and make it that much worse, so that they get you coming back to them for the rest of your life. Doctor's dont care about health, they care about writing you that prescription for some bogus medication that will end up escalating the severity of a situation that couldve been easily fixed.

#6 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

Not every scientist works for a corporation though. Someone would've gotten word out.

And absolutely you're right about a healthy lifestyle and a good diet and gym regimen. But that is unrelated to this 'natural cures for 50 diseases" thing. That is something you should doing anyways.

Between probiotics and Crossfit I haven't been sick in years. But I don't take magic cure-alls that people like this recommend. There's a reason he stopped selling the actual cures and started just selling books: he kept getting sued because it doesn't work.

#7 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

Yea i dont think you could be any further from the truth. C'mon Rodeo, i thought you were smarter than this. There is a cure for cancer, AIDS, you name it. Do you think they will ever be publicly released? Hell no, or at least not for a long long time. Kemo and these other bullsh*t "treatments" that cause more harm than good are making big pharma a killing. It's about profit, not cures. As corrupt as this world is i figured you'd be able to see this. The medical industry is disgusting. They take a potentially hazardous situation and make it that much worse, so that they get you coming back to them for the rest of your life. Doctor's dont care about health, they care about writing you that prescription for some bogus medication that will end up escalating the severity of a situation that couldve been easily fixed.

Corporations would make WAY more off a cure for AIDS than they can by keeping people sick and dying from it. Whoever cures AIDS is going to be one of the richest people in history.

#8 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Not every scientist works for a corporation though. Someone would've gotten word out.

And absolutely you're right about a healthy lifestyle and a good diet and gym regimen. But that is unrelated to this 'natural cures for 50 diseases" thing. That is something you should doing anyways.

Between probiotics and Crossfit I haven't been sick in years. But I don't take magic cure-alls that people like this recommend. There's a reason he stopped selling the actual cures and started just selling books: he kept getting sued because it doesn't work.

His 'natural cures' in the book are just feeding your body right and to get healthy. He mentions probiotics specifically as something everyone should do also. We're saying the same thing. No need to argue.

#9 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

Oh. I haven't read the book. But he used to literally sell cures and got destroyed in court because they didn't work, so he switched to just writing books because even if they're wrong they're protected speech.

#10 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

Corporations would make WAY more off a cure for AIDS than they can by keeping people sick and dying from it. Whoever cures AIDS is going to be one of the richest people in history.

There is an underlying more important establishment agenda of population reduction, which is why certain viruses like AIDS were manufactured in the first place. It is the corporations and the establishment control system that is 99% to blame for all this rampant illness in the first place. It's all by design.

#11 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

Detox is such a buzz word

#12 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

Detox is such a buzz word

It works. Dry sauna and fasting alone will work wonders. Only do a steam sauna if the water is pure (not tap). That is almost never the case.

#13 Frydaddy

Frydaddy

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

Regardless of the premise - the book has TONS of references to this guys website for further info...which is where the scam comes into play. Research the author - he has been indicted numerous times for fraud and misleading consumers. I agree that there are natural cures for many things and that a lot of medicine is unnecessary and solely a product to sell; but I would not take anything this guy says at face value.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Kevin_Trudeau

#14 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,896 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

This thread makes me want a cheeseburger and fries. And goody, lunchtime approaches!!

#15 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

I don't know much about this guy but I highly doubt a majority of his remedies work. I will say it is scary how many doctors are starting to lose their medical licenses for using alternative therapies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com