Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

80% now approve of Obama's economic plan

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Lack of sleep does that to me. :)

Where are the economic experts?

There were plenty of familiar faces on-screen during TV coverage of President Obama's economic-stimulus plan, such people as James Carville, Laura Ingraham, Karl Rove, Sen. Lindsey Graham, Joe Trippi and Dick Morris.

What it lacked, some critics suggest, were people with real expertise in what the $787 billion plan will mean for the economy and for communities and individuals. In short, it was treated like just another political battle.

Of the 681 people who appeared as guests on 12 cable-news and four network Sunday-morning talk shows in the three weeks that ended last Sunday, only 41, or 6 percent, were economists, said Media Matters for America, a liberal media watchdog.

Media Matters didn't keep track of interview subjects on the most-watched newscasts, the broadcast-networks' nightly programs, but the conservative Media Research Center did. About 13 percent of the people interviewed on economic recovery between Obama's election and final passage of the bill were economists, the group said

So basically the commentors were mostly a bunch of political animals who were more interested in the style than substance of the speech.

I never watch Fox News, but given the criticism it gets here, I thought this blurb was interesting.

Two shows the group monitored, with CNN's Anderson Cooper and Campbell Brown as the hosts, had no economists during the three-week period. By far, the most economists on any show (10) were on Fox's new Glenn Beck show.

Posted

do you people think i make threads so you can disagree with them? straighten up.

Posted

do you people think i make threads so you can disagree with them? straighten up.

It's hard to take you seriously with that Fire Marshal Jordan avatar. Whatever happened to the frog?

Posted

It's all in how the question is asked, and to whom the question is asked. I'm sure Katie Couric answered "Obama is God" 100 times in the CBS poll. Rasmussen shows different numbers, although the recent poll shows

30% of voters now believe America is moving in the right direction, the highest level in several years.
It's easy to find a poll that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/right_direction_wrong_track/right_direction_or_wrong_track

Posted

90 percent of statistics are 50 percent wrong.

Posted

100 percent of the time.

Posted

manure management is actually a pretty big deal, especially because very soon we'll have to return to traditional style fertilizing.

Posted

Not to mention the global warming that cow poop causes.

Posted

people picking out important things that sound silly reminds me of sarah palin ridiculing fruit fly research when it is responsible for most advancements in research on her own son's disease.

Posted

I challenge you to tell me what sounds silly about cow poop induced global warming.

Pointing out pork is not silly either.

Posted

people picking out important things that sound silly reminds me of sarah palin ridiculing fruit fly research when it is responsible for most advancements in research on her own son's disease.

You remind me of the man.