Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm starting to think 89 will be here in 2011

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I really hope he has his decision when Football starts, so we can trade him ASAP.

Posted

So his wife's health problems may force him to retire no matter what happens? Jesus you guys confused the hell out of me just now.

Posted

I'm honestly a Lil disappointed by the lack of class shown throughout this thread.
:confused:

Posted

The speculation based on a sentence or two in his interview is bordering on National Enquirer status.

Smith has never worked with the team prior to OTAs and training camp preferring to hire his own trainer. So the fact he didn't make the workouts is no news. His wife could have issues but it might not be anything, lets wait until we hear before we decide on it's seriousness.

Whether he stays or not is based on someone wanting to pick up his 7 million salary, going to a team that is competitive, and the Panthers trading him which they have no reason to be compelled to do especially if they don't get good value for him.

I expect he wants to be traded at this point, but that doesn't mean it will happen. After seeing what happened to Peppers I suspect he is just playing it safe and not burning any bridges. In the event he is here, he wants to make sure it is still a good situation.

1 person likes this

Posted

The speculation based on a sentence or two in his interview is bordering on National Enquirer status.

Smith has never worked with the team prior to OTAs and training camp preferring to hire his own trainer. So the fact he didn't make the workouts is no news. His wife could have issues but it might not be anything, lets wait until we hear before we decide on it's seriousness.

Whether he stays or not is based on someone wanting to pick up his 7 million salary, going to a team that is competitive, and the Panthers trading him which they have no reason to be compelled to do especially if they don't get good value for him.

I expect he wants to be traded at this point, but that doesn't mean it will happen. After seeing what happened to Peppers I suspect he is just playing it safe and not burning any bridges. In the event he is here, he wants to make sure it is still a good situation.

And to add to that, not all 'contenders' necessarily have an extra $7MM of cap space just sitting there. They're probably going to want to extend some of their own core guys before overpaying for a Steve Smith.

1 person likes this

Posted

I wonder what my opinion is.

Posted

I think we share that opinion Dock, but that's the first news I've seen about his wife, wish her the best and a speedy recovery. My wife has had some health issues, It's nothing serious thank god, but that time waiting to find out is gut wrenching.

Posted

I think we share that opinion Dock, but that's the first news I've seen about his wife, wish her the best and a speedy recovery. My wife has had some health issues, It's nothing serious thank god, but that time waiting to find out is gut wrenching.

First time I heard anything about his wife as well.

Of course, I wish him the best. I mean, I wouldn't sacrifice my life for Smitty or anything. But, I'll be his driver and shine his shoes.

Posted

lol, yeah me too Dock. Hope he's a Panther when it's all said and done.

Posted

for sale. He signed it. Send me your email address.

Posted

If it is cheap and high quality PM me.

Posted

why would I want that when I have a 2005 (triple crown year) game worn cleat that is signed and dated?

ooooooh yeah.