Photo
- - - - -

I'm starting to think 89 will be here in 2011

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#31 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

Its called Free Agent Wr's
Vincent Jackson
Sidney Rice
Santonio Holmes
James Jones
Steve Breaston

And Other Notable Free Agents
TJ Houshmandzadeh
Mike Sims-Walker
Legedu Naanee
Danny Amendola
Santana Moss

Thanks, fruity. It's called deductive logic. No blocking, no deep threat = no running game and no QB scrambling. None of those guys are of Smitty's caliber. How many of them want to come here and get jacked up in the NFC South and NOT win a ring before they retire. You gotta lot of whittling to do with your list there. It's cool though you'll be fine since you're all witty n poo.

#32 KatOMine

KatOMine

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

Thanks, fruity. It's called deductive logic. No blocking, no deep threat = no running game and no QB scrambling. None of those guys are of Smitty's caliber. How many of them want to come here and get jacked up in the NFC South and NOT win a ring before they retire. You gotta lot of whittling to do with your list there. It's cool though you'll be fine since you're all witty n poo.

Hey not trying to piss ya off. Anyone of those WR will be better if Smitty does not want to be here. You throw enough money at one of them they will come. Question is do we have an owner that will do that?

#33 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

Ahh man, I think we do. Its just that, the kind of guy will come here in this situation is the kind of guy that is about the benjamins and not about the game. That will translate on the field and worse it could translate in a clubhouse full of young impressionable players.

#34 KatOMine

KatOMine

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

Ahh man, I think we do. Its just that, the kind of guy will come here in this situation is the kind of guy that is about the benjamins and not about the game. That will translate on the field and worse it could translate in a clubhouse full of young impressionable players.

Well its a catch 22. Hey I love Smitty but in some games, it looked like to me, his heart was not in it. What was that sending to a clubhouse full of young impressionable players. Damed if we do and Damned if we don't. But lets get people here that want to be here. If it takes benjamins so be it!

#35 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

it depends on if you think that hurney and the coaching staff are good enough judges of character that they won't pick someone who will be bad for the locker room and huddle. that would be a major part in their decision to trade away smith in the first place. why would they place one problem with another?

i'm thinking they wouldn't.

#36 KatOMine

KatOMine

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

it depends on if you think that hurney and the coaching staff are good enough judges of character that they won't pick someone who will be bad for the locker room and huddle. that would be a major part in their decision to trade away smith in the first place. why would they place one problem with another?

i'm thinking they wouldn't.

Good point!

#37 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

I'm not ready to count out SS until I know what's going on with his wife. For as much of an asshole as he is, he is a huge family man. If something happens with his missus I could honestly see him giving two sh|ts about football if it's even remotely serious. Of course this is just wild speculation based off one interview, but it's something to think about.

#38 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

again...it's not just a matter of what smith wants, it's more whether or not the coaching staff thinks it's worth having such a high maintenance player who is 33 years old and costs nearly $8mil a year.

#39 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:00 PM

again...it's not just a matter of what smith wants, it's more whether or not the coaching staff thinks it's worth having such a high maintenance player who is 33 years old and costs nearly $8mil a year.

You are exactly right.Sometime all the stars do not line to keep a player regardless of his popularity.I like Smitty as much as the next guy but it all hinges on what Rivera and Chud feel the direction of our team is.

#40 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

You are exactly right.Sometime all the stars do not line to keep a player regardless of his popularity.I like Smitty as much as the next guy but it all hinges on what Rivera and Chud feel the direction of our team is.

agreed and i trust them and their judgment...or at least i'm willing to sit and wait to see what they do before i pass judgment.

#41 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

Our offense must have a dominant WR in order to function. If Smith goes, we have to have that piece in replacement. I dont think a lot of guys on the free agents list fit that and want to come here, which means we'll be looking for a trade right?

Now if we get Sims-Walker, I'll shut the fug up and be happy.

Edited by Razeyfingers, 08 June 2011 - 04:22 PM.

#42 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

Sidney Rice, Malcom Floyd, Braylon Edwards, Jacoby Jones, & Breaston

We could have a great selection for a proven WR to compliment Smitty while we still develop Gettis & LaFell, and work on a project with Pilares and/or Edwards. Adding a strong receiver (and possibly TE if a good enough one is available) could complete this offense. Once you've got the pieces in play...then ya put it together and win dammit.

I personally pumped for Smitty to return. We need keep the blood fueling up on this offense.

Breaston, James Jones, Braylon Edwards or Sidney Rice could end up to be stars with the right team and I'm also thinking a situation like ours could be ideal for Sidney Rice in particular. He's tall, fasttt, and has already shown what he's capable of with amazing play when healthy and they are saying he's fully recovered and in better shape than before. That shows he has that fight in him and ready to be a star. That would be a great signing if we decide to truly make a splash and keep Smitty. That's saying you wanna win.

Edited by Beach, 08 June 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#43 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

Plus his home town is an hour away, Hurney throw him some money and i bet he signs here.

#44 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

Depends on when the CBA gets signed. The sooner, the higher chance he leaves. In a worst-case scenario, a short season, he will likely stay and just use the time to prepare to move during the next year's full offseason.