Photo
- - - - -

More Pepper's speculation from SI

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 carolinaAl

carolinaAl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

found this on SI.
Given a franchise tag by the Panthers, defensive end Julius Peppers has expressed a desire to leave Carolina, ideally for a team that runs a 3-4 defense. A four-time Pro Bowl selection, Peppers has been linked to the Dolphins and Cardinals in possible trade scenarios.

http://vault.sportsi.../9/10/index.htm

So has anybody heard any rumors about Miami or Arizona. What could they offer us that would make sense?

#2 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:47 PM

Arizona has a few possible players we could pick up. Miami I cant think of one I would want.

#3 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,742 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:47 PM

found this on SI.
Given a franchise tag by the Panthers, defensive end Julius Peppers has expressed a desire to leave Carolina, ideally for a team that runs a 3-4 defense. A four-time Pro Bowl selection, Peppers has been linked to the Dolphins and Cardinals in possible trade scenarios.

http://vault.sportsi.../9/10/index.htm

So has anybody heard any rumors about Miami or Arizona. What could they offer us that would make sense?

Arizona could offer Boldin and a pick or two. Plus Peppers spends much of the offseason in Arizona and they are going to a 3-4.

I doubt the Tuna would be interested in Peppers. He hates guys with poor work ethics. Peppers is the one that said he wants to go to Miami.

#4 Chubbs McGee

Chubbs McGee

I will bite your face off

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

I would love to send Peppers to Arizona for Boldin and a pick or two. Having a guy like that on your team can only help you.

#5 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:52 PM

If Parcells was still coaching I bet he'd love to have Peppers. He'd see him as an opportunity to show off his motivational skills.

#6 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,268 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:54 PM

If Parcells was still coaching I bet he'd love to have Peppers. He'd see him as an opportunity to show off his motivational skills.

Pretty much. With his ago, he thinks he can coach anyone into a star.

(except Terrell Owens)

#7 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:58 PM

Miami has the 25th pick. They also haven't resigned Andre Goodman. If we cut Lucas, Miami could package the pick and Goodman. But there's a lot of depth in the FA CB market, so I'm not sure we'd bite on that. Plus I'm beginning to think Lucas is going to be around for another year.

Although there has been lots of speculation about Miami as a possible destination for Peppers, I don't see Parcells giving up some high picks for Peppers when he's still trying to build a team. They singed Porter but shipped away some other veterans to acquire picks in recent years (Chambers, Taylor, McCown, etc.).

Arizona - that would hurt. Plus, they pick 31st. We should get better value than that.

#8 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

Miami has the 25th pick. They also haven't resigned Andre Goodman. If we cut Lucas, Miami could package the pick and Goodman. But there's a lot of depth in the FA CB market, so I'm not sure we'd bite on that. Plus I'm beginning to think Lucas is going to be around for another year.

Although there has been lots of speculation about Miami as a possible destination for Peppers, I don't see Parcells giving up some high picks for Peppers when he's still trying to build a team. They singed Porter but shipped away some other veterans to acquire picks in recent years (Chambers, Taylor, McCown, etc.).

Arizona - that would hurt. Plus, they pick 31st. We should get better value than that.

The only scenarios I would trade Peppers to Arizona under are the following:

2009 and 2010 first round picks
2009 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

OR

I don't even want to talk about having Anquan Boldin. With Jake at the QB and Fox's conservative offense we will not score a lot of points anyways. We need to build defense...

#9 Chan Fan

Chan Fan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

I don't even want to talk about having Anquan Boldin. With Jake at the QB and Fox's conservative offense we will not score a lot of points anyways. We need to build defense...

Not that I want Anquan Boldin, but I just want to point out that we did score an awful lot of points last year regardless of the QB or Fox ;)

#10 Chubbs McGee

Chubbs McGee

I will bite your face off

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

Fox and Davidson's "conservative" offense ranked 7th in the league in points scored and 5th in the league in yards per play. I think having Boldin here would help to improve upon those already impressive numbers.

#11 littlebigman89

littlebigman89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:06 PM

Also, WFNZ is reporting a rumor of a trade with Philly sending Lito Shepard and a first for Peppers.

#12 The Answer

The Answer

Don't panic, it's organic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

2009 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

OR

You know it's not like we were dropping 30 points a game on people, don't be stupid, our offense is no longer conservative.

#13 PuntJake

PuntJake

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

boldin wont leave fitz's shadow to linger in smitty's. if we trade, it will most likely be for picks and not for players.

#14 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

2009 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

OR

over the 16 games the panthers averaged 27 points per game.

Not that I want Anquan Boldin, but I just want to point out that we did score an awful lot of points last year regardless of the QB or Fox ;)

430 total

#15 tondi

tondi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:03 PM

Think we could get Boldin and their 1st?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com