Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucas nixes deal to Detroit; could be cut

56 posts in this topic

Posted

If Lucas had accepted the trade, he would get his base salary of $5.6 million this year.....instead he turned it down, will probably get cut, and take his chances in the FA market that is deep at CB. At this stage in his career - he should have taken the $5.6 million, played out his final year on the contract, and gone back into the FA market next year. (especially since next year has no salary cap). Just my opinion....

I agree. Apparently money is not a huge issue for Lucas.

Posted

I agree. Apparently money is not a huge issue for Lucas.

Also seems to be the deal with everyone we are trying to trade.

Posted

Indeed, it was proven to be a true rumor. As opposed to an untrue rumor.

Apologies, original post edited. The whole thing just looked bogus on its surface when I read the original post, like someone was trying to start another rumor instead of actually having some information. I was wrong. Sorry.

The link made me wonder too, but I heard confirmation shortly later.

Posted

I know free agency begins at midnight but didn't the teams have to make their final cuts by 4 pm today?

Is Lucas still around?

Posted

I know free agency begins at midnight but didn't the teams have to make their final cuts by 4 pm today?

Is Lucas still around?

If we're under the cap and were trying to trade him, why would we cut him?...

Posted

I'm starting to think Lucas has put himself in a bit of a pickle by refusing the trade. If the Panthers hang on to him for a while longer but then decide cut him down the road, he may find it harder to get on with a team as many will have already filled their CB needs in FA. That reduces bidding wars which potentially reduces his offers.

I wonder if it was going to Detroit that was the biggest factor or perhaps it was a trade contingent on him signing a new contract with the Lions...one he got whiff of and didn't like one bit based on the wording.

Posted

Posted

Gantt is right, the bridges may have been burned. Might as well try to get something for him, even if it is just a sixth rounder.

Having 11 million cap hit over two years off the books would be a big help.

Posted

Is Lucas still around?

The 4pm deadline was for Tender's for RFA.

Posted

Gantt is right, the bridges may have been burned. Might as well try to get something for him, even if it is just a sixth rounder.

Having 11 million cap hit over two years off the books would be a big help.

That is his salary. His cap hit is a lot more that that. I think it is something like 9 million per year.

Posted

Well the funny thing is if you go to the detroit lions forum [Link]- http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...d.php?t=333830 : Most of their fans actually wanted Ken Lucas and were sad they did not get him. That cracks me off LMAO!!!