Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucas nixes deal to Detroit; could be cut

56 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If Lucas had accepted the trade, he would get his base salary of $5.6 million this year.....instead he turned it down, will probably get cut, and take his chances in the FA market that is deep at CB. At this stage in his career - he should have taken the $5.6 million, played out his final year on the contract, and gone back into the FA market next year. (especially since next year has no salary cap). Just my opinion....

I agree. Apparently money is not a huge issue for Lucas.

Posted · Report post

I agree. Apparently money is not a huge issue for Lucas.

Also seems to be the deal with everyone we are trying to trade.

Posted · Report post

Indeed, it was proven to be a true rumor. As opposed to an untrue rumor.

Apologies, original post edited. The whole thing just looked bogus on its surface when I read the original post, like someone was trying to start another rumor instead of actually having some information. I was wrong. Sorry.

The link made me wonder too, but I heard confirmation shortly later.

Posted · Report post

I know free agency begins at midnight but didn't the teams have to make their final cuts by 4 pm today?

Is Lucas still around?

Posted · Report post

I know free agency begins at midnight but didn't the teams have to make their final cuts by 4 pm today?

Is Lucas still around?

If we're under the cap and were trying to trade him, why would we cut him?...

Posted · Report post

I'm starting to think Lucas has put himself in a bit of a pickle by refusing the trade. If the Panthers hang on to him for a while longer but then decide cut him down the road, he may find it harder to get on with a team as many will have already filled their CB needs in FA. That reduces bidding wars which potentially reduces his offers.

I wonder if it was going to Detroit that was the biggest factor or perhaps it was a trade contingent on him signing a new contract with the Lions...one he got whiff of and didn't like one bit based on the wording.

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

Gantt is right, the bridges may have been burned. Might as well try to get something for him, even if it is just a sixth rounder.

Having 11 million cap hit over two years off the books would be a big help.

Posted · Report post

Is Lucas still around?

The 4pm deadline was for Tender's for RFA.

Posted · Report post

Gantt is right, the bridges may have been burned. Might as well try to get something for him, even if it is just a sixth rounder.

Having 11 million cap hit over two years off the books would be a big help.

That is his salary. His cap hit is a lot more that that. I think it is something like 9 million per year.