#1 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,272 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

Per Adam Schefter:

On the eve of free agency, some teams are positioned too well, and others not so well. Based on numbers gathered Thursday — and these are fluid, changing with each roster move that each team makes — here are the teams with the most and least salary-cap room heading into the start of free agency.

MOST
Tampa Bay — $61 million
Kansas City — $57 million
Philadelphia — $48 million
Denver — $37 million
Green Bay — $34 million

LEAST
Carolina — $1.9 million
New England — $3.2 million
Indianapolis — $6.6 million
Pittsburgh — $7.4 million
Washington — $8.1 million

http://blogs.nfl.com...lary-cap-space/

Can anyone validate this? I've seen a few people provide estimates here in the last few days - carpanfan and others.

#2 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:35 PM

I am wondering if he has factored the moves that we have recently made. Its not like we are looking to sign anyone anyways. Not worried...

#3 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:39 PM

I think this does include all recent moves. IMO, being under the cap is all that matters. Now that the team is in a position that they can keep the tag on Peppers and not have to release him, offers will start to come in. I would not be surprised if Peppers is traded to Denver or Houston by Monday and the Panthers have close to 20 million to spend in FA.

#4 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,758 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:40 PM

Not a big deal, It probably doesn't include the last two restructures. Which would put us around 5.5 which is pretty close to the my estimate of seven. There's also the chance that we still cut lucas as well.

#5 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,758 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

The problem with his blog is it isn't time dated just date dated, there's also no way of knowing when he gathered the information.

#6 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:47 PM

Assumming that the 1.9 million is up to date and current that would have left the Panthers $2.1 million over the cap IF it wasn't increased by 4 million yesturday. Wonder what other moves/cuts were coming if that increase didn't happen?

#7 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,758 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

Assumming that the 1.9 million is up to date and current that would have left the Panthers $2.1 million over the cap IF it wasn't increased by 4 million yesturday. Wonder what other moves/cuts were coming if that increase didn't happen?

That's why I'm iffy on it being up to date. Hurney said before they updated the cap that the wasn't planning on cutting anyone else. He probably knew about it ahead of time though.

#8 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

Really why do we need a lot of cap space if we keep Peppers? Not really much in the FA pool and we dont have a 1st round pick. With the cutting of Lucas and more then likely restructure of Delhomme and maybe even Smith we will have just enough to sign our Picks.

#9 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg/Greenville

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:05 PM

Not a big deal, It probably doesn't include the last two restructures. Which would put us around 5.5 which is pretty close to the my estimate of seven. There's also the chance that we still cut lucas as well.

Well the Gamble restructure saved the team 8million right?

So we should be in the teens by the time every move is made.

#10 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

seems like he's including pep in the numbers.

#11 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

Well the Gamble restructure saved the team 8million right?

So we should be in the teens by the time every move is made.

The 1.9 would have included the Gamble restructure as it happened/reported earlier this week.

And for the record, Delhomme's contract can not be restructured. The only way the Panthers can save cap room with Delhomme is to cut him or extend his contract.

#12 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,011 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

Right now were just under 8 million under the cap.

#13 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,061 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:11 PM

I think this does include all recent moves. IMO, being under the cap is all that matters. Now that the team is in a position that they can keep the tag on Peppers and not have to release him, offers will start to come in. I would not be surprised if Peppers is traded to Denver or Houston by Monday and the Panthers have close to 20 million to spend in FA.

True. But that $20 M won't be very useful if we don't move him in the very early days of FA.

#14 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,272 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

Right now were just under 8 million under the cap.

Can you elaborate? You may be right, but without some details I'm not inclined to believe jasonluckydog over Adam Schefter.

#15 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg/Greenville

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

True. But that $20 M won't be very useful if we don't move him in the very early days of FA.

Why not? I think you have until a certain date to be under the cap.

So in truth we could sign a lot for a lot, as long as we're under the cap by the date specified.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.