Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Update

241 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor']that "y'all" brush paints a pretty wide stroke. not what i said, but whatever.[/QUOTE]
I was responding to you, and there are many others who are of that opinion...so pretty accurate observation....
But whatever.

Posted · Report post

did i say that? did i say that they have no desire to improve things? if i didn't then that wasn't accurate of anything except in showing your limited understanding of people's opinions.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jpjr']To Moore's credit, I've never seen a franchise backup QB have such religious followers on an online forum. I am surprised he wasn't mentioned as one of the guys that will cost the team $60-90 million to lock up.[/QUOTE]
If Cam wasn't picked number 1 in the draft, I am not sure Moore wouldn't be favored as the starter this year. He still seems ahead of Clausen as far as I can see. With so many high draft picks though, he could find himself outside looking in. If we can't find a veteran who will be content mentoring Newton and starting for a year at most (maybe not at all) then there is still a chance we keep him on the roster as a backup with starting potential. After all how many times have we had a quarterback make it through the entire year in the past 5 years. Seems with our luck we need at least 2 potential starters at quarterback, maybe three.

Posted · Report post

I personally believe it would be best for the Panthers if we could keep Moore around because I feel like there will be points this year where we will need him. That being said, I think Moore himself would be best off elsewhere because he would have some starting opportunities.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55']If Cam wasn't picked number 1 in the draft, I am not sure Moore wouldn't be favored as the starter this year. He still seems ahead of Clausen as far as I can see. With so many high draft picks though, he could find himself outside looking in. If we can't find a veteran who will be content mentoring Newton and starting for a year at most (maybe not at all) then there is still a chance we keep him on the roster as a backup with starting potential. After all how many times have we had a quarterback make it through the entire year in the past 5 years. Seems with our luck we need at least 2 potential starters at quarterback, maybe three.[/QUOTE]

I am by no means implying that Clausen is better than Moore right now. I have no idea at this point. Who knows how Moore will be coming off a big rehab and Clausen had his own operation. For whatever reason though I don't get the feeling that both will end up on the roster. Unlike some others, however, I think the player with more value will be the one that goes and not the one that stays.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jpjr']To Moore's credit, I've never seen a franchise backup QB have such religious followers on an online forum. I am surprised he wasn't mentioned as one of the guys that will cost the team $60-90 million to lock up.[/QUOTE]

Chris Weinke had a pretty big fan base on this board several years ago.

Posted · Report post

I dont know if it will be Edwards but I do know they are thinking about bringing in a tier one wr though it makes me wonder why we drafted a guy unless they plan to use him on the practice squad

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55']If Cam wasn't picked number 1 in the draft, I am not sure Moore wouldn't be favored as the starter this year. He still seems ahead of Clausen as far as I can see. With so many high draft picks though, he could find himself outside looking in. If we can't find a veteran who will be content mentoring Newton and starting for a year at most (maybe not at all) then there is still a chance we keep him on the roster as a backup with starting potential. After all how many times have we had a quarterback make it through the entire year in the past 5 years. Seems with our luck we need at least 2 potential starters at quarterback, maybe three.[/QUOTE]

There's an interesting point raised here. Under Henning, Delhomme missed three games in four seasons, and they came late in the season of his last year on a thumb injury. Then in the next four seasons, Delhomme managed to start 16 games once. In the other three years we had a revolving door of QBs, with just about all the changes due to injury. At the same time, we had a massively improved offensive line from that which Henning enjoyed. At least that's my opinion anyway.

So what do you think, is this just a case of Delhomme getting old or was there something to Davidson's system that put the QB at more risk?

Posted · Report post

I think there was something in Davidsons playbook that put our entire offense at risk. For instance take the play located 2 plays under the coffee ring and next to the play in yellow crayon.

Posted · Report post

I dunno. Maybe trying to run a hard play action on 3rd and 12 with the entire defense blitzing and taking a QB that may have 2 seconds to make a decision and giving him .3 seconds and the ability to only look to one receiver before he is killed.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't know about you guys, but I felt hoodwinked that NJPanther12 was not the one that updated this thread :-(

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TruCatzFan']I don't know about you guys, but I felt hoodwinked that NJPanther12 was not the one that updated this thread :-([/QUOTE]

sure got my hopes up