Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Front load washers

19 posts in this topic

Posted

That one by LG .. forgot the name but if you get them in red they are 900 a piece and 800 if you get in white , and they will wash and dry at whatever temp you want and stuff like that , I was gonna grab em this christmas.

stay away from LG... when the wife and i were shopping for a new washer/dryer... EVERY SINGLE place told us to stay away from it, frigidaire and GE.

I wouldn't have a front load washer... How many times have you forgot to throw something in the washer and stopped it so you could throw it in? With a front load you can't do that.

Just my two cents!

:iagree:

they're all the same technology now, so unless you want to show off your laundry room all the time and look cool for having a front loader, just stick with a top loader.

plus, unless you're a midget, most people want the stands as well... and those are generally another $200 ON TOP of the appliance itself

Posted

We have had a Maytag Atlantis top loader for 6 years.

Never a problem, ever.

Posted

We have had a bosch for the last 3-4 years, not a single problem, built just up the road in Newburn, so the $$ helps the local economy, Water level never gets up past the door seal, so you can pause it and open it anytime you want. Uses way less water then the top loaders, even the "he" top loaders, so our water bill is much lower, which saves $$$.

Posted

I can honestly say, I have no knowledge of washers and dryers....at all!!!!

Posted

Thanks, everyone!

I'm really hoping this one can be fixed. It sounds like a bearing is out. It's a Maytag, so I'm kinda surprised I'm having problems with it so soon.

Posted

I wouldn't have a front load washer... How many times have you forgot to throw something in the washer and stopped it so you could throw it in? With a front load you can't do that.

Just my two cents!

Not true! Mine has a pause/add an item button, you can add an item at any time except during the spin cycle, you wouldn't want to add an item during the spin cycle anyway.

Posted

Thanks, everyone!

I'm really hoping this one can be fixed. It sounds like a bearing is out. It's a Maytag, so I'm kinda surprised I'm having problems with it so soon.

don't think they are meant to be ridden on such a regular basis!

1 person likes this