Photo
- - - - -

And if we don't make a Free agent splash at midnight...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

I expect to hear many cries of this...

#2 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

In the end it all comes down to Lucas. The FO has made it clear that their plans for next season include Peppers and all other starters are back. Thus any free agent moves will be for backups.

With Hangman probably leaving and Vincent being oft injured and a FA after this season, it wouldn't surprise me if OG/C is now the second biggest current need for this team behind another DT.

DE and CB needs are all contingent on Lucas and Peps future.

#3 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,162 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

Personally, I don't think we need to make a big splash in free agency - but if we do I hope it's T.J. Housyourmamma!

The guys is the most underrated WR in the NFL right now. He and Smitty would be deadly (assuming Jake can get the ball to him, LOL).

#4 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

Really, I could care less what we do tonight as long as I know the fate of Peppers and Lucas and what we get for either one of them, if anything

#5 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

Personally, I don't think we need to make a big splash in free agency - but if we do I hope it's T.J. Housyourmamma!

The guys is the most underrated WR in the NFL right now. He and Smitty would be deadly (assuming Jake can get the ball to him, LOL).

I don't think TJ is under-rated, at all. I think he is considered one of the best receivers in the league, without question, unless you are thinking about what Cinci thinks of him...

#6 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,744 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

I'd like to add depth on the lines, OG and DT in particular. I'd love to land a serious DT, but I don't see it happening. I love the core of this team and don't see much in the way of needs.

#7 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

If we make a big splash in the first few hours of FA I'm gonna be pissed.

#8 dpanthersman

dpanthersman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

IMO i think we should go aftre chris kemo, and mcfadden and a dl or two and then aslong as we have a pretty good draft well be okay

#9 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

• ALL-PRO
  • 688 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

After last years interior pass rush, or lack of, I'll be really concerned if we don't bring in either another starter or someone that can split time with Lewis. He was far less effective as a full time starter than he was as a role player.

#10 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:41 PM

We don't need much...but we have obvious holes (ie: DL)

I hope we at least sign 1 proven talent...I don't care when...I highly doubt we make any noise at midnight or even tomorrow....

#11 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

if we don't make a huge splash right when FA period begins I will be incredibly proud of the team because then they couldn't be held in suspicion of dealing when they weren't supposed to.

any FA signings that happen right at midnight were negotiated when they weren't allowed.

#12 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

if we don't make a huge splash right when FA period begins I will be incredibly proud of the team because then they couldn't be held in suspicion of dealing when they weren't supposed to.

any FA signings that happen right at midnight were negotiated when they weren't allowed.

smart butt :D

Oh wait! you mean when at 12:02 the redskins anounce they have signed hanesworth, that they didn't negotiate out that contract in just over 1 minute? (yep sarcasm :D )

#13 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,722 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

In the end it all comes down to Lucas. The FO has made it clear that their plans for next season include Peppers and all other starters are back. Thus any free agent moves will be for backups.

With Hangman probably leaving and Vincent being oft injured and a FA after this season, it wouldn't surprise me if OG/C is now the second biggest current need for this team behind another DT.

DE and CB needs are all contingent on Lucas and Peps future.

Vincent did have a history of groin injuries but he was the only one that didn't get hurt and miss games until the very end of the season this year. If he fully recovers he should be fine. But we could definitely use some back-ups.

#14 Section 505

Section 505

LadyCats Liason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:36 PM

Houshmazolli.

"Championship!"

#15 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:31 AM

if were getting a wideout my votes for mike furrey,cheap and very underrated.(maybe not that much underrated).

as far as cb i hear this mcfadden guy deserves a look.

and there's a slew of dt to choose from,all we need is a backup or a guy who can give kemo and lewis a run for there money.

that's pretty much it,unless someone feels he urge to look qb,i finally starting to get over the 5 ints thing so i'm good where we stand.

i really want mike furrey though,hope we pick him up

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com