Carolina Panther card/memorbilla/auto's collectors...

952 posts in this topic

Posted

anyway I have seen the Stewart pullout not sure who has it...That is a sweet card.

Did you make that thread on SCF for me or because now you want one for yourself??? hahahahahaha

I just went on there to make a thread asking for it and saw yours right at the top, hope you did that for me as I think people will be more responsive to helping you out there than my like 7 posts on there, LOL

I've been asking on BO's forums for it for a long time and nobody has come up with it for me. If you get #1duckscollector (ebay name: 03supto) trying to fight you for it, it's because I think he's trying to get one for me too as I told him he could have my gridiron auto if he get's me a replacement for it and the pull-out auto as he really wants mine from me because it's numbered 28/40 and he collects Stews #'d 28/...

Posted

Did you make that thread on SCF for me or because now you want one for yourself??? hahahahahaha

I just went on there to make a thread asking for it and saw yours right at the top, hope you did that for me as I think people will be more responsive to helping you out there than my like 7 posts on there, LOL

I've been asking on BO's forums for it for a long time and nobody has come up with it for me. If you get #1duckscollector (ebay name: 03supto) trying to fight you for it, it's because I think he's trying to get one for me too as I told him he could have my gridiron auto if he get's me a replacement for it and the pull-out auto as he really wants mine from me because it's numbered 28/40 and he collects Stews #'d 28/...

lol, I made that for you I know someone there had it. I was asking a price then let you know how much for it. I have a friend on SCF he collects Panthers and always hooks me up with a good prices on Panthers so I'm going to see if I get any responses.

Posted

lol, I made that for you I know someone there had it. I was asking a price then let you know how much for it. I have a friend on SCF he collects Panthers and always hooks me up with a good prices on Panthers so I'm going to see if I get any responses.

you're the freaking man!!!!

I have no idea what that card is worth because I've never seen up for sale or in ebay's completed listings, but I'd assume nobody will be asking for more than I'd be willing to pay for it just based on what his cards go for. I mean, look at what I just got that Shadow Box Auto for, hahaha, seriously can't believe I got it at that price

Let me know if you hear back, you'll be seeing someone named "zonacats8" bumping that thread for you at times, no idea who that guy may be though :D

There are a few others of his that I want, like his 2010 Magic Auto and 2008 UD Rookie Edition Foil SP Auto, but if I can get this one, I'd be so content with my Stew collection at the moment that I may just stop spending money on it for a bit, thankfully, hahaha.

Posted

hahaha, right after posting how I'd stop spending money, I go on BO's sales forum and see a Stewart 2010 SPX panther logo patch posted for sale, clearly buying it since I have these two cards as well, want any between Stew, Smitty, DWill in that set with the patches from the panther head logo

th_IMG_1220.jpgth_IMG_0977.jpg

Posted

Question for mainly tuka and jason, but where do you guys buy from online? I mostly just browse ebay, but would love to find somewhere else. My bank account may not like it, but I love some of the cards you guys find.

Posted

So how does "pulling" cards work? You buy a box for like $20 bucks and there might be 2 cards of value in it? Do people do this to consistently turn a profit or are they just recouping some money for the players they do not like?

Posted

Question for mainly tuka and jason, but where do you guys buy from online? I mostly just browse ebay, but would love to find somewhere else. My bank account may not like it, but I love some of the cards you guys find.

I buy 90% of my cards from Ebay that is simply the best and secure way to buy...I also go to football card message boards and buy there as well like SCF Sports Card Forums

So how does "pulling" cards work? You buy a box for like $20 bucks and there might be 2 cards of value in it? Do people do this to consistently turn a profit or are they just recouping some money for the players they do not like?

A box sells from 80- $500 a box some people make money off doing this but most lose in the long run but being a collector you're willing to take that risk. Most box breakers sell the unwanted cards on Ebay that's when I come in...

Posted

hahaha, right after posting how I'd stop spending money, I go on BO's sales forum and see a Stewart 2010 SPX panther logo patch posted for sale, clearly buying it since I have these two cards as well, want any between Stew, Smitty, DWill in that set with the patches from the panther head logo

th_IMG_1220.jpgth_IMG_0977.jpg

how much are they selling for? BTW have you seen this site

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards,sh,=jonathan+stewart

about 600 Stewart cards for sale.

Posted

http://www.checkoutm...onathan+stewart

I actually just made my first purchase from that site the other night, picked up a few nice Stew patches, 2 base cards for my Arizona PC, and then a bunch of Biakabutuka cards that I've been wanting from there for a while but didn't want to pay $4 shipping for a few $1 cards.

Kinda cool that up to 10 cards is $3.99 shipping though, I made offers on the 2 Stew cards and then figured I'd pick up 8 other cheapie cards and not have to pay for shipping.

Posted

Like Jason said, mostly get all my stuff from ebay and the forums, he uses SCF, I tend to stick on blowout's forum (a site that sells boxes), then there is checkoutmycards.com and then going to local shows and stores.

And trust me, my bank account doesn't like some of the cards I find either, but they're too nice for me to pass up at times

Stay away from busting boxes, I swear it was the best and worst thing that I could have ever got into. It got me back into cards, so I love it for that, but I've spent so much freaking damn money on breaking boxes and most of the time you get a 1/4 of what you spent on it in sales, and then are left with just boring base cards.

Most boxes are in the $100-150 range and you'll get anywhere from 1-4 "hits" per box, a lot of times those are $5-10 per hit, but sometimes you get lucky and pull a big one. I've pulled like 4 cards that I've sold for $200 or more and have another few in the $50-150 range, but the majority are $20 or less

Posted

I've bought from Checkoutmycards in the past and I'm checking eBay daily...thanks for the replies guys, and keep bringing the pictures

Posted

http://www.checkoutm...onathan+stewart

Just saw you asked how much those were going for

I picked up the Smitty in a trade with one of the stores in my area, can't remember what I got that Stewart for, and I got the one last night for $6 dlvd, which seems about right, if not a few bucks less than it's worth since it's a logo patch