23 replies to this topic

#16 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,781 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

I served him a Royal Red Robin Burger and he didn't tip very well. :(

This is exactly what I was looking for. I knew it had to be a character issue, this is exactly why we let him go. lol

#17 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,341 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

Yeah anybody that eats at Red Robin has issues.

#18 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

We just cut Hackett, so if I'm correct, that only leaves us with Smitty, Moose, Jarrett, Robinson, and Moore. With Moore most likely not coming back.

Don't forget about Jones. EDIT: Whoops, he's a free agent, isn't he?

Also, you hit the nail on the head. Hurney doesn't think any other teams are going to express interest in him, and why would they? He has been on our practice squad twice and has yet to secure a roster spot. Now I know about his injury this year, but still.

Also, if you were Jason Carter and had already put in two years trying to crack the starting lineup, would you be all that comfortable packing up and starting fresh with a new team? I think he'll come back with us next training camp.

Don't get me wrong; I wish the guy the best of luck and was rooting for him last offseason. I'm just saying this is not as poor a decision as you seem to think.

#19 HSCBandit07

HSCBandit07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:08 PM

I heard that biddle got shot not that long ago. he's fine but what is it with giants wr's and getting shot?

#20 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

I really do like to go to camp each year and see who the next potential star is going to be. I was one of those in the summer who predicted that Willliams would have a breakout season and he did. Carter has the potential to be a good receiver. He has the skills and the drive. Doesn't matter in the end if he plays for us or someone else. And those who don't have hope are lost.

I can understand that you feel that way about Carter, but Taye Biddle? The only plays that guy ever made, were when the other team's back ups blew coverages in pre season games. When they tried him in the return game, he was seperated from the ball the first time somebody hit him.

#21 goodlay

goodlay

Moore than a backup

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:04 PM

I totally agree with you. This really pisses me off. First Taye Biddle and now Jason Carter. I expect him to land someone very quickly. The only thing that would hold him back would be whether he is fully recovered from his injury.

I really liked Carter. You would think we would at least make a minimum offer to him.

Yeah, this team really misses Taye Biddle.

#22 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,341 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:07 PM

You're joking right?

#23 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

Yeah, this team really misses Taye Biddle.

So he didn't work out. I still liked him and believe he could have been a player in this league. Sometimes talent alone isn't enough.

Guess that is why I am on this board instead of being paid to scout professionally.

#24 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,362 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

I thought he showed promise, but the team probably doesn't think he will get signed.
Though without him, we are thin at wr. Probably just pick up one in the draft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.