Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what would you do?

56 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

here's the scoop...we have this cat...I know...it's not off to a good start....anyway, she's almost 19 years old. She pukes around the house all the time, and craps from time to time too. Mostly it's a major pain in the ass, but now it gets worse.

We are trying to sell our house. So, we are concerned that we clean like fricken crazy, then off to work we go leaving the house empty for the realtor to show during the day and bango, there's a nice fresh puke pile on the floor.

Am I totally a cold hearted fug thinking it's time to take her to the vet for sleepy time? I firmly believe she's far too old to try to repair and this has been going on for quite some time, so we've tried different foods etc.

What say you?

Posted · Report post

Don't you have grizzlies up that way? Send the cat out to play with them.

Posted · Report post

leave it outside

Posted · Report post

no grizzlies in the immediate area...and no, no polar bears either. Thought for a second to let her out and make her fend for herself, but she's old and has been an indoor cat her entire life...don't think this is an option

Posted · Report post

leave it outside with a food and water dish and some toys

Posted · Report post

Not many options then... find someone to take her, put her to sleep, or board her until you move.

I guess it depends on how attached you are to her.

Posted · Report post

Dont you have a garage?

Posted · Report post

I've caught mucho flak over the years for my stance on issues like this, and I don't expect this to be any different...

Pets are all about being a mutually beneficial relationship. We give them food and shelter, they give us love and entertainment. When one side of the equation changes, and the relationship is no longer beneficial, it's time to move on.

In some cases the animal is young and can be re-homed, in your case, that's not an option. Also consider that if you woke up every day puking and shitting yourself how would you feel about your quality of life? You'd probably be looking for a way out.

If it weren't for you this cat would have probably ended up on the street or dead a long time ago. You gave each other some good years but now those are over.

Move on, don't feel bad about it. If you like get a new cat when you get into your new place, and feel good about the fact that you saved THAT cat from a potential miserable life.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Z has said all that needs to be... night night kitty kitty...

Posted · Report post

Unless the cat is suffering, I wouldn't put it down. You made a committment to that animal when you decided to be its parent. Don't put the cat down just because it pukes and craps on your floor and that incoveniences you.

Again, if the cat is suffering then sure it's time to say goodbye. But otherwise, to ask a group of people if it's acceptable to end your pets life because their daily puke inconveniences you does, in my opinion, make you sound a little bit like a cold hearted f*ck (your words not mine).

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

This...

I heard it is vet recommended

How to stop your cat from regurgitating

beat that pussy up!

twss. actually. twhwhts(that's what he wants her to say)