Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How can Lucas decline a trade?!?!

27 posts in this topic

Posted

First off im not too thrilled about trading Lucas, but if thats what they want to do than fine. But how can he decline to go where they are sending him. How is it possible that we could have had a trade and gotten something for him, and now we will just cut him for nothing because he wouldnt accept? I didnt know this was baseball?

Posted

probably something in the contract a lot of high paid players have them in there.

Posted

It's called a no trade clause or the simple fact he told the teams that he wouldn't play in Detroit and would hold out. Either one of those works. Player's have a lot more control in where they go then most people think. All they have to say is I won't play there and the other team will balk and stop talking.

Posted

"I didnt know this was baseball? "

Well...as a Leafs fan...I know much too well about the "Not Trade Clause" or the "NTC"....f'n Sundin...(Kubina, Kaberle, etc)

But is it clear that he had a NTC? I dunno, didn't Peppers make "The List" because he has the "right" to negate any trade...simply by not signing...?

I say, if the teams wants to trade a player, a player shouldn't be able to get around it. It's part of the business, and they'll be making millions in Detroit or Charlotte...

Posted

Very simple. Lucas said he wouldn't negotiate with Detroit. Detroit is not going to pursue him and offer a draft pick for a guy who wants 11 million over 2 years and won't sign a long term contract.

Posted

The Panthers want to be known as a players team, they wouldn't ship a name player off without his concent. It's bad buisness especially if said player refuses coming to terms with the team that trades for him.

Posted

you mean teams don't want to trade for players who state they don't want to play there?

shocking!

Posted

There aren't many "no trade contracts" in football from what I can tell. But in the end players have to be willing to negotiate contracts. Like Peppers, if he doesn't renegotiate, who is going to give up any picks without a long term contract?

Posted

Well the funny thing is if you go to the detroit lions forum [Link]- http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333830 : Most of their fans actually wanted Ken Lucas and were sad they did not get him. That cracks me off LMAO!!!

Posted

he'd be their number one. they don't have the talent the panthers have.

why is that funny?

Posted

he'd be their number one. they don't have the talent the panthers have.

why is that funny?

Because the dude sucks

Posted

Well the funny thing is if you go to the detroit lions forum [Link]- http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333830 : Most of their fans actually wanted Ken Lucas and were sad they did not get him. That cracks me off LMAO!!!

What do you find humorous? Ken is a very good veteran corner, I'm sure they'd be thrilled to have him as would many teams.