Photo
- - - - -

How can Lucas decline a trade?!?!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#16 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

Richard Marshall should be starting

And you say Lucas sucks.... what team have you been watching. Marshall is a good nickel, but no way a cover corner, a slightly taller Manning Jr.

#17 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

In every thread about the CBs there should be this statement: CHAMP BAILEY LOOKS LIKE poo TOO WHEN HE HAS LITTLE TO NO PASS RUSH IN FRONT OF HIM. I will grant you that Luc seemed to have his best year in Carolina in 2005, but I don't think he is as bad as some people think he is at all.

#18 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,585 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

Lucas was the only one got beat this year. accept for the rookie Godfrey because Marshall doesn't get enough reps. You will just have to wait and see.

#19 crunkpanther

crunkpanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

To the original question, it would have been Detroit that technically killed the deal. I don't think he could refuse a trade, but he can refuse to rework his deal, which would have been mandatory for the deal to make sense for Detroit. If Lucas wasn't going to agree to redo a deal with them in a more cap and financially friendly way, they weren't going to give up a pick for him.

I don't think Lucas did anything wrong. He's under no obligation to redo his contract. That might well mean that he gets cut by us, but at that point, he's going to wind up being able to sign with who he wants.

#20 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

you mean teams don't want to trade for players who state they don't want to play there?

shocking!

Not every team has the luxury of forcing their athletes to play. ;)

In every thread about the CBs there should be this statement: CHAMP BAILEY LOOKS LIKE sh*t TOO WHEN HE HAS LITTLE TO NO PASS RUSH IN FRONT OF HIM. I will grant you that Luc seemed to have his best year in Carolina in 2005, but I don't think he is as bad as some people think he is at all.

Thank you. I remember it wasn't long ago at all--perhaps even up until the midpoint of last season--that many argued Lucas was our best corner. It's amazing what half a season can do.

I would like to see if we can sure up our defensive line and pass rush before sending Lucas packing, especially with a new defensive coordinator coming in. I think it will be much easier to acquire some good guys for the defensive line this year--whether through the draft or free agency--than it will to find a cornerback that is leaps and bounds over Lucas, and for the same price. He's not the best in the league and he's aging, but I think with some pressure from the front four he can get it done.

#21 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,585 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:05 PM

Not every team has the luxury of forcing their athletes to play. ;)

Thank you. I remember it wasn't long ago at all--perhaps even up until the midpoint of last season--that many argued Lucas was our best corner. It's amazing what half a season can do.

I would like to see if we can sure up our defensive line and pass rush before sending Lucas packing, especially with a new defensive coordinator coming in. I think it will be much easier to acquire some good guys for the defensive line this year--whether through the draft or free agency--than it will to find a cornerback that is leaps and bounds over Lucas, and for the same price. He's not the best in the league and he's aging, but I think with some pressure from the front four he can get it done.

I never said Lucas was are best corner I always knew CHRIS GAMBLE was our best corner thats why I have an autographed CHRIS GAMBLE JERSEY, BECAUSE HE IS THE BEST.

#22 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:09 PM

Lucas was the only one got beat this year. accept for the rookie Godfrey because Marshall doesn't get enough reps. You will just have to wait and see.

Lucas, Godfrey, Marshall, got beat a bunch. All three of them.

Lucas is a bump and run corner, if you don't have a line and your playing a zone your just asking for trouble with lucas' style of play.
What I'm saying is Lucas is still a good corner you just have to use him right, Which we didn't, not even close.

#23 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:11 PM

How is this any different than Peppers' agent telling the media that Peppers has narrowed his choices down to 4 teams he'd play for? It's the same idea.

Sucks for us because I can't think of many teams who would pay Lucas what he's due next season.

#24 ashehudson

ashehudson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

Would anyone else be happy if Lucas restructured his contract? I would be...

#25 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

Would anyone else be happy if Lucas restructured his contract? I would be...

Yes, but I believe he must not be willing. I can't see why the Panthers wouldn't want it.

#26 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,265 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:14 AM

As others have mentioned, he can kill a trade by refusing to extend his contract with the Lions, wouldn't be worth it to the Lions to give up draft picks for a guy that won't extend his contract with them.

...that and Lucas did right by us last year in that whole pre-season thing, so I think we should try and find a good situation for him.

#27 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

Who's going to pull the trigger on a player that says openly that he won't play for them? It's all about perception. I was let go by an employer last October, (economy downsizing) who had a non-compete clause on me. They informed me that they were going to enforce said clause and I said no way, you can't enforce a non-compete if you lay me off. Little did I know that even though it couldn't stand up in court, potential employers ran away from it, (and me). Fortunately it worked out well, but the reality is nobody is going to trade for a player that says he won't sign...

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com