Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Smith almost considered retirement.

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

carolinagrowl Steve Reed
[QUOTE]Steve smith said he briefly considered retirement when his wife was ill. She's OK though and he plans to play in 2011.[/QUOTE]

also some other quotes from steve reed pertaining to the camp:

carolinagrowl Steve Reed
[QUOTE]Smith and Newton playing Ultimate Football with young kids. Look like they're having a blast.[/QUOTE]

carolinagrowl Steve Reed
[QUOTE]Steve Smith still won't divulge his plans for the future, avoided a question about whether he would be willing to play for Carolina.[/QUOTE]

carolinagrowl Steve Reed
[QUOTE]A kid asked Cam Newton if he's better than Jake Delhomme. Newton laughed and said, "Time will tell."[/QUOTE]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

title of thread...
[QUOTE][B]Steve Smith almost considers retirement.[/B][/QUOTE]quote used...
[QUOTE] Steve smith said [B]he briefly considered retirement[/B] when his wife was ill. She's OK though and he plans to play in 2011. [/QUOTE]

= thread title misleading.

fire saltman.

Posted · Report post

close enough. there i fixed the title.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

i considered wearing a diaper for convenience sake.

Posted · Report post

She must have a serious disease/condition.

Posted · Report post

Newton on playing for Carolina

"I wanted to have someone great to throw to".

Don't feel like pulling the tweet from my phone.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='mjligon']Newton on playing for Carolina

"I wanted to have someone great to throw to".

Don't feel like pulling the tweet from my phone.[/QUOTE]
got ya covered...
[QUOTE]robgpaul Cam Newton at Steve Smith's camp answering kids ?'s says he wanted to come to Panthers to throw to a great receiver.. Smith just smiles[/QUOTE]

Posted · Report post

That Cam Newton is good!!!!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Udogg']That Cam Newton is God!!!![/QUOTE]

Fixed your mistake.

Posted · Report post

Cam cracks me the fug up!!! Nice Lil shot in there to Steve! Btw, I wouldn't read too much into them having a lot of fun at this youthcamp. They both love being around kids, and to them that's more than likely all it's about. Now the camaraderie that they're building... That's where you'll get your money's worth. Can you imagine hearing our horrible Fox announcers saying "and there's another touchdown from Cam Newton to Steve Smith"

Unfortunately we are still far far far away from a resolution with this lockout... And even farther from the season than we were yesterday!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jtgreensboro']She must have a serious disease/condition.[/QUOTE]
They thought she had Lupus, but seems like she is fine now. Here's the link [URL="http://reederstake.freedomblogging.com/2011/06/17/panthers-wr-steve-smith-said-he-briefly-considered-retirement/9325/"]http://reederstake.freedomblogging.com/2011/06/17/panthers-wr-steve-smith-said-he-briefly-considered-retirement/9325/[/URL]

Posted · Report post

What do we have to do to get Saltman to consider retiring from the huddle?

Posted · Report post

I hope his wife is ok, i didn't realize it was that serious. Wish nothing but the best for the smith family

Posted · Report post

I considered retirement this year as well. Unfortunately, that whole not getting paid thing had an impact on my decision. :)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TruCatzFan']Can you imagine hearing our horrible Fox announcers saying "and there's another touchdown from Cam Newton to Steve Smith"[/QUOTE]

You mean "There's another touchdown from Cam Newton to Stephen Smith. This team would be a real force if they still had Julian Peters around."?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SnarkAttack']You mean "There's another touchdown from Cam Newton to Stephen Smith. This team would be a real force if they still had Julian Peters around."?[/QUOTE]

Stephen Smith with be lucky to get chances b/c Rosario Dawson is gonna look like Antonio Gates out there.....

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE]A kid asked Cam Newton if he's better than Jake Delhomme. Newton laughed and said, "Time will tell." [/QUOTE]

Perfect answer.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mean Eyed Cat']They thought she had Lupus, but seems like she is fine now. Here's the link [URL="http://reederstake.freedomblogging.com/2011/06/17/panthers-wr-steve-smith-said-he-briefly-considered-retirement/9325/"]http://reederstake.freedomblogging.com/2011/06/17/panthers-wr-steve-smith-said-he-briefly-considered-retirement/9325/[/URL][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.bnet.com/blogs/its-not-lupus-black-t-shirt.jpg[/IMG]

Posted · Report post

I could actually overlook how horrible Dick Stockton is if I heard him say "Touchdown pass from Cameron Newton to Stephen Smith!" "That Jonathan Beason is the leader of this defense." Chode.

Posted · Report post

Or Torry Holt could talk about how when Peyton Hillis was a little boy...

Posted · Report post

I swear that they intentionally give U's the worst commentators in all of sports. Usually me and my boy just mute their sorry asses and call the games ourselves... It's usually pretty fun once we get drunk!

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE] “I want to be competitive and have fun,” Smith said. “Winning isn’t everything but losing isn’t much fun. I feel like I didn’t play well statistically, so a lot of people are saying I’m a mid-age receiver whose skills are diminishing and losing a step. We’ll see. We’ll see how many 24-year-old can cover a 32-year-old 4.3-running receiver who wasn’t supposed to be (in the league) anyway.”[/QUOTE]

I know for sure that the huddle has many people in the ,"Steve Smith has lost a step", "Trade him" camp.

I'd love 89 to make everyone who's said that look like a jack-ass this coming season.

The man says he can still run a 4.3 40. Wherever he ends up, i'll be watching, and rooting for him.

Posted · Report post

I was getting more and more convinced Smitty was going to stay until I read this quote from today..

"@mikecranston1: 89 "When we decide what we're going to do, whether people like it or not, as long as my family is happy, I would hope they would understand"

Who knows what 89 will do. I like the bond that he and Cam are developing, though.

Posted · Report post

^^ yeah that quote is discouraging, but optimistically I look at the statement that he "briefly considered retirement" as an explanation for so many things. Maybe he cleaned out his locker and suite at the end of the season because he was thinking of calling it quits then. The Reed article says she got sick early in the year, and they didn't find out until last week that she didn't have Lupus. And maybe that's why Rivera said that he left their talk wondering sometimes what Steve really wanted to do, play football or retire.

IDK, maybe I want him to stay too much, maybe I'm too high. Either way it sounds good to me

Posted · Report post

I wonder what Rosario Dawson has to say about all this.