Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ultimate Bailout (Sticky Icky?)

22 posts in this topic

Posted

go for it

San Francisco Assemblyman Tom Ammiano says his controversial legislation would help get California out of debt.

The proposal includes all marijuana, and not just medical marijuana, which has been legal in California since 1996.

The Board of Equalization estimates the bill would bring the state $1.3 billion every year. Of that, $990 million would come from a $50 per ounce levy and $350 million from sales tax revenue.

Posted

Hahah, not to mention the increase in Domino's sales.

Posted

makes way too much sense.

Posted

this could be the impetus to finally get it done

Posted

i don't smoke, never have and never will...but why not legalize it and tax the hell out of it? that seems to have worked for tobacco.

Posted

Be careful what you wish for. Obamas approval ratings would skyrocket, but he would be accused of pandering to the Cheetos lobby.

Posted

Be careful what you wish for. Obamas approval ratings would skyrocket, but he would be accused of pandering to the Cheetos lobby.

I hate when you talk about yourself in the third person like that.

Posted

i don't smoke, never have and never will...but why not legalize it and tax the hell out of it? that seems to have worked for tobacco.

Same here. How many people are in jail for dealing a small amount of weed? I don't know what it costs to keep someone in prison for a year, but I know it's usually more than sending them to college.

Posted

This is something I've been thinking about for a while. You've got to create an entire supply chain for the stuff. Production, distribution.. somebody's got work the counter at the weed store.. etc. :lol:

End all be all to our problems? No. But you can't say it wouldn't help.

Posted

I have yet to hear of one good reason not to legalize it.

Posted

pharmy companies have billions of reasons.

Posted

Some say it's a gateway drug. I don't necessarily agree, but that's one of the arguments.