193 replies to this topic

#1 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

So I was bored and found myself researching great people, specifically Nobel prize winners in science. I was astonished at how many Jewish people had been awarded Nobel prizes. Despite making up only .2% of the population they have received the prize more than Blacks and Arabs combined, both of whom have significantly higher populations.

This led me to wonder how many white people had won Nobel Prizes. To my surprise, no such list can be found on Wikipedia. You can however get a list of Nobel laureates based on country. The UK, US, Germany and France have a huge list of Nobel laureates and I'll take that to mean white people have won quite a few Nobel prizes.

The bigger issue though is why there is a page for black Nobel laureates and a page for Jewish Nobel laureates but not a page for white Nobel Laureates. I've had this problem before when I was researching David Bowie. Now David Bowie is categorized as an LGBT musician. I found this absurd seeing as he has been married twice, has two children, several step children and has currently been married to the same woman for probably 15 years if memory serves me correct.

I asked why he would be considered an LGBT musician and also why there is no 'heterosexual musician' or 'heterosexual person' category. The response I got from Bowie fans was that Wikipedia recognizes small groups of minorities. Fair enough. Well then why does Wikipedia categorize people based on being dead or alive? Surely neither category has anything to do with minorities. Each category is huge. Yet there is no category for white people, heterosexual people or any other common type.

Also Wikipedia keeps a list of African American basketball players despite the fact that there are tons of African American basketball players. Of course once again there is no Wikipedia page of white basketball players.

I honestly have no problem with the categorizing of people for whatever purposes but why shouldn't it be done fairly? It seems as though Wikipedia wants to belittle the accomplishments of white people by not allowing their achievements to be viewed separately and therefore easily compared to the achievements of others.

#2 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

hey look it is another "white people are oppressed" thread by sylvianlight...:rolleyes:

#3 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

And another useless comment from Tyler Durden to go with it!

#4 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

http://www.carolinah...st-bullpoo.html

#5 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

Please show me where Wikipedia has refused anything...

You do know the content is submitted by users, right?

If it hurts your feelings so bad, create a page... Problem solved...

#6 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

I know content is created by users but I find it hard to believe no one would have created a page for any group of Caucasians.

#7 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

I'm sure you would find that hard to believe...

What is your Stormfront user name?

#8 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

This is a prime example of the most insidious form of racism facing our country.

#9 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

oh look, a Wikipedia page for folks with white pride...

http://en.wikipedia....front_(website)

#10 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,884 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

Once white males are finally recognized I will be able to retire a happy man.

#11 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

Those liberals always bring up race in the tinderbox.....oh wait.....

#12 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,014 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

I know content is created by users but I find it hard to believe no one would have created a page for any group of Caucasians.

So start a page

#13 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

I just happened to be looking at ALL THE GODDAMNED JEWS WHO WON THE NOBEL PRIZE and wondered WHERE THE FUCK ARE ARE THE WHITE PEOPLE ON THIS LIST when, just by pure serendipity, I found a list of ALL THESE UPPITY BLACKS AND THEIR ELITIST BASKETBALL GROUPS

#14 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

I just happened to be looking at ALL THE GODDAMNED JEWS WHO WON THE NOBEL PRIZE and wondered WHERE THE FUCK ARE ARE THE WHITE PEOPLE ON THIS LIST when, just by pure serendipity I found a list of ALL THESE UPPITY BLACKS AND THEIR ELITIST BASKETBALL GROUPS

"UPPITY BLACKS" is giving him WAYYYY too much credit...

#15 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

Also, WHO ALLOWED THE GAYS TO CLAIM DAVID BOWIE!?!?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.