Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If the Rebel Flag is just a sign of southern culture

194 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

and has nothing to do with racism or bigotry. Why don't I see Southern African and Native Americans pimping it out?

Posted · Report post

Because it's racist as ***.

Ya I said it, racist as ***.

Posted · Report post

just a little bit

Posted · Report post

Because they were forced into the culture

Posted · Report post

they don't?

Posted · Report post

I can see how some people hold it as a symbol of southern pride (with and without racist intent) and I can see how some people see it purely as a symbol of racism...

However, I personally would not display it.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If it is simply a symbol of southern pride then most southerners would take pride in it no matter their race.

Posted · Report post

ig_2115538.jpg

hey guys... white tail buck.

Posted · Report post

edgerton.jpg

Ask this dude if it's racist.

He hangs around Asheville and you can see him standing in highly visible locations holding a confederate flag wearing a confederate uniform and is more than willing to discuss it.

Posted · Report post

If it is simply a symbol of southern pride then most southerners would take pride in it no matter their race.

Hard as it may be for you to accept, there are white southerners without racial prejudices... what I meant was that some people do simply see it as a symbol of southern pride and nothing more... as I also said, I know there are people that are offended by it and why they are offended by it, and I personally would not choose to display it.

IOW, just because you are an ignorant white southerner, you're not automatically a racist.

Posted · Report post

edgerton.jpg

Ask this dude if it's racist.

He hangs around Asheville and you can see him standing in highly visible locations holding a confederate flag wearing a confederate uniform and is more than willing to discuss it.

Curious what he would have to say. I wonder if he was wrongly convinced the war wasn't about slavery. Or just crazy.

Posted · Report post

Hard as it may be for you to accept, there are white southerners without racial prejudices... what I meant was that some people do simply see it as a symbol of southern pride and nothing more... as I also said, I know there are people that are offended by it and why they are offended by it, and I personally would not choose to display it.

IOW, just because you are an ignorant white southerner, you're not automatically a racist.

Im not saying all southerners are...or even the majority. It was just a thought stream that entered my brain.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments