• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#1 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

and has nothing to do with racism or bigotry. Why don't I see Southern African and Native Americans pimping it out?

#2 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,882 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

Because it's racist as ***.

Ya I said it, racist as ***.

#3 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

just a little bit

#4 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

Because they were forced into the culture

#5 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,647 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

they don't?

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

I can see how some people hold it as a symbol of southern pride (with and without racist intent) and I can see how some people see it purely as a symbol of racism...

However, I personally would not display it.

#7 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,500 posts

If it is simply a symbol of southern pride then most southerners would take pride in it no matter their race.

#8 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted Image

hey guys... white tail buck.

#9 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

Posted Image

Ask this dude if it's racist.

He hangs around Asheville and you can see him standing in highly visible locations holding a confederate flag wearing a confederate uniform and is more than willing to discuss it.

#10 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

If it is simply a symbol of southern pride then most southerners would take pride in it no matter their race.

Hard as it may be for you to accept, there are white southerners without racial prejudices... what I meant was that some people do simply see it as a symbol of southern pride and nothing more... as I also said, I know there are people that are offended by it and why they are offended by it, and I personally would not choose to display it.

IOW, just because you are an ignorant white southerner, you're not automatically a racist.

#11 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

Posted Image

He hangs around Asheville and you can see him standing in highly visible locations holding a confederate flag wearing a confederate uniform and is more than willing to discuss it.

Curious what he would have to say. I wonder if he was wrongly convinced the war wasn't about slavery. Or just crazy.

#12 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

Hard as it may be for you to accept, there are white southerners without racial prejudices... what I meant was that some people do simply see it as a symbol of southern pride and nothing more... as I also said, I know there are people that are offended by it and why they are offended by it, and I personally would not choose to display it.

IOW, just because you are an ignorant white southerner, you're not automatically a racist.

Im not saying all southerners are...or even the majority. It was just a thought stream that entered my brain.

#13 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

anybody who hangs around asheville in a confederate uniform, talking about the civil war is crazy.

#14 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,882 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

Posted Image

just means he is an idiot

#15 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

anybody who hangs around asheville in a confederate uniform, talking about the civil war is crazy.

Well, I wouldn't wear the Confed uniform (to dam hot), but I am a Civil War buff. :)

Two trips to Gettysburg, two to fredricksburg, one to chancellorsville, three to fort fisher. The Civil War is one of the most fascinating and terrible conflicts in our history.

Fwiw, I have a replica of the battle flag of the 26th NC infantry regiment, and of the 24th Michigan. I had ancestors that fought in the 26th, and they faced off against the 24th on the first day at Gettysburg.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 24 June 2011 - 10:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.