- - - - -

If the Rebel Flag is just a sign of southern culture

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#106 Guest_MaskedMilitant_*

Guest_MaskedMilitant_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

when did i say all black folk like the flag? you guys are a bunch of fools. who gives a fug what u think?

#107 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 25,016 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:37 PM

now now cat.

#108 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,156 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

Militants opinions >>> non militants opinions

#109 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

when did i say all black folk like the flag? you guys are a bunch of fools. who gives a fug what u think?

Ill break it down for you. Because a few black people approve/disapprove of something, doesn't mean its ok with the majority/doesn't make it ok (or wrong for that matter).

Keep in mind I've state my opinion on this already. Just don't really care for the logic you presented.

#110 Guest_MaskedMilitant_*

Guest_MaskedMilitant_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

Since when did folks bring logic to the tinderbox?

#111 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

Ok fine, you have a point.

#112 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

I know the Rebel Flag is racist, because the other day I saw one flapping in the wind, and it smacked a black chick on the ass. Wait, I guess that actually makes it sexist, never mind.

#113 Guest_MaskedMilitant_*

Guest_MaskedMilitant_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Would give ya pie and rep if I could!

#114 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

In Maryland and Missouri, Slavery was outlawed by the state constitutions, and the owners received no compensation from either the federal or the state goverment. In Kentucky, slaves were not freed until the ratification of the 13th amendment. I don't know if they received compensation, but I doubt they did.

I also know that that the Union declared slaves to be contraband property, just like anything else that could be used to help the war effort, and therebye nullifying any need to compensate the owners.

But I am not sure what any of this has to do with why the war was fought? If you are saying that the war would not have been fought had the Union offered the owners cash, then well thats laughable.

If you look beyond your current "history" you'll find that Lincoln himself owned slaves and when the northern states "gave up" their slaves, they were paid for them. Long and short of it is that Lincoln paid himself. The north were by no means angels.

The war was fought for many more reasons that just slavery and it's shortsighted, ignorant, and quite offensive to say as much.

#115 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

If you look beyond your current "history" you'll find that Lincoln himself owned slaves and when the northern states "gave up" their slaves, they were paid for them. Long and short of it is that Lincoln paid himself. The north were by no means angels.

The war was fought for many more reasons that just slavery and it's shortsighted, ignorant, and quite offensive to say as much.

Hogwash. You are just making stuff up as you go. I should have known better than to try to have a serious adult conversation with a conspiracy wingnut.

#116 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:00 PM

You're off your fuging rocker man.

Lincoln didn't have slaves huh?

#117 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,156 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

You're off your fuging rocker man.

Lincoln didn't have slaves huh?

Nope.

#118 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,156 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

Lincoln quote

1865:* “I have always thought that all men should be free; but if any should be slaves it should be first those who desire it for themselves, and secondly those who desire it for others.* Whenever I hear any one arguing for slavery I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.”* ( Lincoln, 1953, v8, p360-1)

#119 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,707 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

Lincoln was from Illinois which was a slavery free state. If he owned slaves it was somewhere else. I've never actually found a convincing argument that he did own slaves. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson did however.

#120 Guest_MaskedMilitant_*

Guest_MaskedMilitant_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

Lee and Stonewall Jackson were not slave owners. Grant and Sherman were. FACT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com