213 replies to this topic

#211 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

Yep, and what that juror in that video was saying is that the prosecution did not remove reasonable doubt from the jury that Casey committed those first three crimes on that list.

G5 and this guy from hotair can trumpet it all they want, the juror here is not saying that they acquitted her based on the possible sentencing... she's saying that they found her not guilty because the prosecution did not remove their reasonable doubts.

The question is were those doubts "reasonable"? Seems to me the jurors forced the prosecution to prove their case beyond any possible doubt, as opposed to a reasonable doubt. There is always doubt present, but it is not always reasonable.

#212 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

Jurors were/are idiots... but I guess you could say a jury of Casey's peers.

http://hotair.com/ar...-convicted-her/

Wow.

After watching that video of Juror #3, which was the second one I've seen of her, I have no doubt in my mind that those jurors had no idea what they were doing.

"The prosecution left us to connect the dots, and we could not do that." WRONG!!! That's what a jury does. Your job is to connect the dots with all the pieces of evidence. If one piece of evidence is missing, you can look at the rest of the evidence to determine what reasonably happened. As Jeff Ashton said, "You don't make an accidental death look like a murder."

"We didn't really believe Krystal Holloway's testimony, because it was based on pure speculation and opinion." Are you effing kidding me? It was direct testimony. Granted, Judge Perry limited its use to impeachment, but direct testimony is not speculation or opinion. Even so, it seems the jury used it for more than impeachment by buying into the idea that the death was accidental. There was no other evidencd of an accidental death.

Sad that such idiots sit on juries to decide such cases.

#213 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:06 AM

After watching that video of Juror #3, which was the second one I've seen of her, I have no doubt in my mind that those jurors had no idea what they were doing.

"The prosecution left us to connect the dots, and we could not do that." WRONG!!! That's what a jury does. Your job is to connect the dots with all the pieces of evidence. If one piece of evidence is missing, you can look at the rest of the evidence to determine what reasonably happened. As Jeff Ashton said, "You don't make an accidental death look like a murder."

"We didn't really believe Krystal Holloway's testimony, because it was based on pure speculation and opinion." Are you effing kidding me? It was direct testimony. Granted, Judge Perry limited its use to impeachment, but direct testimony is not speculation or opinion. Even so, it seems the jury used it for more than impeachment by buying into the idea that the death was accidental. There was no other evidencd of an accidental death.

Sad that such idiots sit on juries to decide such cases.

Spot on.

#214 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:18 AM

Spot on.

I think I'm just accustomed to the military system, which starts with a panel (jury) full of officers. They all have college degrees, and most have some form of advanced degrees. Even if the accused selects a panel including up to one-third enlisted members, those also typically have some form of college degree.

Our panel members (jurors) can never comment on their deliberative process, which is what juror #3 is doing, so we never know what they were thinking. However, I believe they truly know, much better, how to determine someone's guilt or lack thereof.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.