• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mayormaier

mayormaier

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

One reason I only watch the NFL (besides loving Football) still is because it has remained one of the only pro sports where athletes are not too overpaid and where we do have a salary cap. I hate MLB b/c people are too overpaid, it is sick. The NBA is stupid now b/c players are traded every year no team has any consistency and you do not know who you are rooting for. Teams used to maintain their core and played to win not for endorsements. The Salary Cap makes players sometimes restructure contracts or take less to remain with a team or to win (Chris Gamble/others). Teams generally are the same from year to year. I love that. It maintains some of the purity of the sport. This 100 Million Dollar contract for Haynesworth could be the beginning of something bad and something that could be the beginning of the end for the NFL. Welcome to a possible Yankees/Cowboys era or years where the Lions pay up for one year win a Super Bowl then lose the whole core of the team the next year (i.e. Marlins). Please someone who knows more details tell me this is not how it will work.

#2 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:11 PM

clearly the redskins have shown that you can buy success in the nfl

#3 ashehudson

ashehudson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:17 PM

The Redskins will not make the playoffs next year, Haynesworth will be unproductive, and everything will balance back out. I'll take 30-40 decent-great players over 2 studs and 40 blow average players.

#4 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

If it was someone other than dannyboy I might agree but, this is just an addict feeding his addiction.

#5 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,765 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:31 PM

Guaranteed money has screwed everything up. The players get that money then have no incentive to do anything. Of course the back loading of contracts brought along the guaranteed money. Now the teams have to put in incentives in the contracts to get the players to play. Oh what a web we weave for money...

#6 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:52 PM

clearly the redskins have shown that you can buy success in the nfl

:P Danny never disappoints. Expect high expectations and low results again. The NFC East loves to believe the hype.

#7 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

did you, by any chance, mean "parity" in the title?

#8 mayormaier

mayormaier

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:10 PM

Ha, I like that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.