40 replies to this topic

#1 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

From Pat Y. @ ESPN

I’ve heard from several Carolina fans who think the Panthers have become the butt of too many jokes following last year’s 2-14 season.

Well, the good news is things generally don’t stay the same way for long in the NFL. In fact, maybe the tide already is starting to turn and the Panthers might be headed for some positive attention.

I just took a look at the ballot for The ESPY awards and there’s basically only one NFC South representative on there (unless you want to count the Saints’ playoff loss to Seattle, which is on there for Best Upset, but the honor in that goes to the Seahawks).

It’s Carolina’s new quarterback, Cam Newton. He’s on the ballot repeatedly.

Rest: http://espn.go.com/b...-for-four-espys
The link to the ballot is in article as well, so go vote for him.

Pretty cool for the kid. Seems like well-deserved recognition.

And it makes me want the season to be here sooner so we can see him in a Panthers uniform.

#2 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,356 posts
  • LocationShotgun Shack

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

what the hell is an espy and why would some guy who never played a minute in the NFL nor is even under contract to an NFL team get one?

#3 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

wreck yoself.

#4 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

what the hell is an espy and why would some guy who never played a minute in the NFL nor is even under contract to an NFL team get one?

I believe they are for his performance in college

#5 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

Neg rep... And if I could take pie I definitely would...

This guy is part of our fanbase... WOW!!!!

#6 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

espn covers all sports not just nfl so it's all on an even plain.

#7 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

I really underestimated the value that the excitement Cam Newton would bring to the franchise. Patrick Peterson and Marcel Dareus just look boring now haha.

#8 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

Neg rep... And if I could take pie I definitely would...

This guy is part of our fanbase... WOW!!!!

This coming from the guy who said "who cares what Clausen is doing"

#9 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

This coming from the guy who said "who cares what Clausen is doing"

Yep... Who cares!? What the fug Clausen is doing... I stand by it too... It doesn't matter what he does... He'll be behind Cam all year.

Maybe you should stop trolling me... Go find a new hobby... Let it include not following me around improperly quoting me. What a loser!

#10 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

Yep... Who cares!? What the fug Clausen is doing... I stand by it too... It doesn't matter what he does... He'll be behind Cam all year.

Maybe you should stop trolling me... Go find a new hobby... Let it include not following me around improperly quoting me. What a loser!

Who cares what our backup QB is doing? Pretty much everyone except you considering he is an injury away from being a starter.

Explain to me how I improperly quoted you. And I'm the loser? Coming from a guy who takes swag and pi on an internet forum seriously, that doesn't mean much.

#11 John Fox

John Fox

it is what it is

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

serious question, do you have a mental defect?

#12 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:29 PM

I'm voting auburn-bama as best game because I don't give two poos about college football, and I was flipping through the channels and i came across the game, the #1 team in the country (or 2 at the time, i don't remember, but they were undefeated) watching auburn getting their asses STOMPED by bama at the beginning of the 3rd. then came a newton TD pass. then another. Then nick fairley strapped the D on his back and beat teh crap out of macelroy and the o-line.

great, great game.

#13 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:57 PM

Just FYI the user interface for the ESPYs voting is jacked:
Cam is up for the following awards
Breakthrough Athlete: (against Jose Batista, Blake Griffin, Li Na, and Arian Foster)
Male College Athlete: (against Kemba Walker, Jimmer, Andy Miele, and Rob Pannell)
Best Game (AU v. Bama)
Best team (against Packers, Mavs, Bruins, Giants, Tex A&M women's bball)

#14 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:15 AM

I'm voting auburn-bama as best game because I don't give two poos about college football, and I was flipping through the channels and i came across the game, the #1 team in the country (or 2 at the time, i don't remember, but they were undefeated) watching auburn getting their asses STOMPED by bama at the beginning of the 3rd. then came a newton TD pass. then another. Then nick fairley strapped the D on his back and beat teh crap out of macelroy and the o-line..

Except Alabama had already lost to South Carolina and LSU at that point. But I guess I don't blame ya, since you don't care about CFB.

#15 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

He's obviously nominated for his Olympic level water skiing, retard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com