Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doomsday Preppers

115 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

sweet thanks for the heads up

Posted · Report post

You want to go with either 9mm or .45, they are the most popular and used by cops and armed forces. Finding .40 ammo would be a bitch.

Posted · Report post

800px-M240Bapril2004iraq.jpg

Legality isn't an issue, is it?

Posted · Report post

You want to go with either 9mm or .45, they are the most popular and used by cops and armed forces. Finding .40 ammo would be a bitch.

dont know may pd's that use .45. mostly all 9 and 40 with NCHP using 357sig. id still go with a "wonder 9".

Posted · Report post

Oh and

aa-12-combat-shotgun-frag-12-automatic.jpg

Posted · Report post

800px-M240Bapril2004iraq.jpg

Legality isn't an issue, is it?

nah, pay your tax stamp and move along!

Posted · Report post

i have been doing this junk for over 10 yrs now. i always say this but esp with crazy mob times. contrarians ALWAYS win.

Posted · Report post

if i could only choose 2 firearms, it would be my police model remington 870 12 gauge pump, its extremely reliable, and is the ultimate in protection. And my Glock -30 .45. I have always preferred .45 because of the stopping power. One well placed to the chest is all you need.

my mother is thinking about buying a little gold, just incase the poo hits the fan.

Posted · Report post

if i could only choose 2 firearms, it would be my police model remington 870 12 gauge pump, its extremely reliable, and is the ultimate in protection. And my Glock -30 .45. I have always preferred .45 because of the stopping power. One well placed to the chest is all you need.

my mother is thinking about buying a little gold, just incase the poo hits the fan.

But what value does gold have in a post-apocalyptic world?

Posted · Report post

But what value does gold have in a post-apocalyptic world?

i accually hope that she doesnt buy much, because it is so expensive to buy gold right now. i think owning a small percentage in gold is pretty smart, in case the dollar collapses sometime in the future.

It will give you something of value if everything else that you own is affected by the dollar. If the dollar were to collapse, it would take all of your life savings, retirement, stocks and almost everything else you own to the grave with it.

Posted · Report post

This show makes me realize that if the poo hit the fan tomorrow, I'd be dead within days. The glories of being broke and in college. I have been planning on doing this stuff though once I graduate and get a foot in the door with a little cash flow. Once I can afford the necessities, I intend on being ready. It isn't a matter of if, but when. Hell, I've seen Book of Eli.

Posted · Report post

why a shotgun? you'd be much better off to have the range of a AR or AK