Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest MaskedMilitant

Doomsday Preppers

115 posts in this topic

Bump!

I've had several friends that just discovered the show & have gone nuts "prepping". Now there's nothing wrong with being prepared. I have my kits, I keep my military training fresh, etc... but one thing that I've noticed is that many are buying seeds, a whole lotta seeds. This seems silly to me because when I ask them if they know how to farm, I get blank stares. FFS people if you're gonna spend money on it, learn how to use it. Also, how to store it.

My checklist so far...

1. 1942 Mosin Nagant w/ 20 rounds of 7.62 x 54.

2. Winchester Model 70 w/ 20 rounds of .308.

3. Ruger 10/22 w/ 550 rounds of .22.

4. Fox over/under breakdown shotgun. 22 cal on top, 20 gauge on bottom. With 15 rifled slugs.

5. Model 1911 .45 pistol with 50 rounds.

Now I just need to acquire some more ammo, and non- perishable foods. I MIGHT have enough food for a month. Not gonna cut it.

gonna need a WHOLE lot more than ammo.

simple things that might buy you time. two way or cb radio. maybe a ham radio.

good ole fashion can/bottle opener

bandages/neosporin

water or access to fresh water/portable water filter

im sure i said this earlier in the thread or similar ones. the key to me is getting somewhere and basically going underground for at least 6 months and seeing how things shake out and try to conserve as much of your stuff as possible.

I could really go for some doomsday peppers in my eggs this morning.

you could even nuke em the next day.

I'd be pretty much screwed. I have about 1 day worth of food in my house..

This show is dangerous...

This show has turned into a joke really... It is like they are just seeking out the weirdos in the community, or, people that just want to be on TV...

No prepper worth much is going to go on TV and talk about it, and the "expert's advice" at the end of each skit is pretty laughable...

All you really need is food, water, and shelter... and something/some skills to defend it all with...

This show has turned into a joke really... It is like they are just seeking out the weirdos in the community, or, people that just want to be on TV...

No prepper worth much is going to go on TV and talk about it, and the "expert's advice" at the end of each skit is pretty laughable...

All you really need is food, water, and shelter... and something/some skills to defend it all with...

Exactly.

My FiL & his buddies would laugh at the guys trying to film.

My thoughts exactly....starting my food supply, my neighbor has a natural spring runoff into my creek ( which he told me I can use all I want and doesn't use electricity just gravity fed.) endless supply of water. He's also a Vietnam vet that is loaded to the brim with guns and ammo. We live on opposite sides of the road, and are currently making a plan on how to defend our poo. Needless to say, he has 3 sons that are on the same page!

My thoughts exactly....starting my food supply, my neighbor has a natural spring runoff into my creek ( which he told me I can use all I want and doesn't use electricity just gravity fed.) endless supply of water. He's also a Vietnam vet that is loaded to the brim with guns and ammo. We live on opposite sides of the road, and are currently making a plan on how to defend our poo. Needless to say, he has 3 sons that are on the same page!

Just out of curiosity, are you actually anticipating something big will happen to where you will have to utilize said skills, water supply, etc.?