#31 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,004 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:40 PM

i have been doing this junk for over 10 yrs now. i always say this but esp with crazy mob times. contrarians ALWAYS win.

#32 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

if i could only choose 2 firearms, it would be my police model remington 870 12 gauge pump, its extremely reliable, and is the ultimate in protection. And my Glock -30 .45. I have always preferred .45 because of the stopping power. One well placed to the chest is all you need.

my mother is thinking about buying a little gold, just incase the poo hits the fan.

Edited by chris999, 27 June 2011 - 11:53 PM.

#33 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,958 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

if i could only choose 2 firearms, it would be my police model remington 870 12 gauge pump, its extremely reliable, and is the ultimate in protection. And my Glock -30 .45. I have always preferred .45 because of the stopping power. One well placed to the chest is all you need.

my mother is thinking about buying a little gold, just incase the poo hits the fan.

But what value does gold have in a post-apocalyptic world?

#34 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

But what value does gold have in a post-apocalyptic world?

i accually hope that she doesnt buy much, because it is so expensive to buy gold right now. i think owning a small percentage in gold is pretty smart, in case the dollar collapses sometime in the future.

It will give you something of value if everything else that you own is affected by the dollar. If the dollar were to collapse, it would take all of your life savings, retirement, stocks and almost everything else you own to the grave with it.

#35 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:38 AM

This show makes me realize that if the poo hit the fan tomorrow, I'd be dead within days. The glories of being broke and in college. I have been planning on doing this stuff though once I graduate and get a foot in the door with a little cash flow. Once I can afford the necessities, I intend on being ready. It isn't a matter of if, but when. Hell, I've seen Book of Eli.

#36 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

why a shotgun? you'd be much better off to have the range of a AR or AK

#37 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,984 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

I've been thinking about getting into this lately myself... my wife would probably not be down with it however...

Maybe I should get with Kurb on it...

Kurb do you ever go shooting? I'd like to get back into that.

#38 Guest_MaskedMilitant_*

Guest_MaskedMilitant_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

if you were only able to purchase one, it would be extremely hard for me to not chose a shotgun. they can do it all, and with rifled slugs are effective to 100 yards.

#39 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

hate I missed this... will DVR later

#40 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,734 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

Preparation and bravery is what will be needed. Just look at this man. Stand up people.

#41 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

Me personally, I think I'm ready... Aside from my firearms, I keep enough junk in my truck that I could survive out of it for a few weeks if I had to, but my more secure plan involves bugging in at home...

In the gun discussion... You'd be best served having multiple types/calibers of guns... Not only can you use any ammo you get, but different guns serve different purposes... You'll need a rifle for hunting, long distance security... a handgun for personal security... and a shotgun for personal security/defense as well as hunting...

The things I haven't done yet that I need to get on with are getting my handguns (have the permits, just need to buy), getting my CC, and getting some reloading supplies and teach myself how to do it...

I subscribe to a magazine called Complete Survivalist, and I would recommend that to anyone who is serious about such topics as these... Also, Mother Earth News (yeah I know, libtard tree hugger derp derp) has some pretty valuable information on homesteading topics, which is pretty much what you'll be needing to do when the economy/country collapses...

#42 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

Posted Image

#43 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

Well I really liked the show and totally agree with teh Kurb about the gal. She's done for.

A bug out bag is very important. But in order to not overload it, it should be designed for a few days of travel in order for you to get to a safe place. Food, water, rope, a siphon hose, bolt cutters and weapons.

I am not a "doomsdayer" per se but we have had our place for a while now. Not getting into details but it resembles the bunker guys place using Sea Trains (con-Ex) buried on our property. A few interconnect but have provisions to secure each one individually. I have worked on it for the last 10 or so years and an ex-wife tried to sue me so she and her new bf could go there in case anything happened.

Weapons are varied as to be able to use ammo found along the way but we don't plan on going anywhere for a bit in case something happens. FWIW, given the reason for needing weapons pretty much eliminates any "legality" issues IMHO.

I have a diesel generator and fuel, perimeter security (electronic and "gifts from my Army buddies"). Plenty of food, water and sanitation supplies. We will hunt what we need.

Everything is underground and my sons and I did all of the heavy equipment and construction work so nobody would know. If you saw it today, you wouldn't give it a second look.

I wasn't thinking nuclear attack so I don't have any real oxygen purification stuff as I doubt a nuke attack would happen anywhere near me. It is mainly for the collapse of civilization.

#44 Guest_MaskedMilitant_*

Guest_MaskedMilitant_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Well I really liked the show and totally agree with teh Kurb about the gal. She's done for.

A bug out bag is very important. But in order to not overload it, it should be designed for a few days of travel in order for you to get to a safe place. Food, water, rope, a siphon hose, bolt cutters and weapons.

I am not a "doomsdayer" per se but we have had our place for a while now. Not getting into details but it resembles the bunker guys place using Sea Trains (con-Ex) buried on our property. A few interconnect but have provisions to secure each one individually. I have worked on it for the last 10 or so years and an ex-wife tried to sue me so she and her new bf could go there in case anything happened.

Weapons are varied as to be able to use ammo found along the way but we don't plan on going anywhere for a bit in case something happens. FWIW, given the reason for needing weapons pretty much eliminates any "legality" issues IMHO.

I have a diesel generator and fuel, perimeter security (electronic and "gifts from my Army buddies"). Plenty of food, water and sanitation supplies. We will hunt what we need.

Everything is underground and my sons and I did all of the heavy equipment and construction work so nobody would know. If you saw it today, you wouldn't give it a second look.

I wasn't thinking nuclear attack so I don't have any real oxygen purification stuff as I doubt a nuke attack would happen anywhere near me. It is mainly for the collapse of civilization.

awesome

#45 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

I have a family farm about an hr from wilmington, which I'm guessing would be a 3 day walk.

Mostly isolated, lots of farm land, lots of water, etc etc.

I'm going to start with firearms. Then move into seeds/gear/etc as I can.
Kinda hard to get to hardcore into this stuff when I just got laid off :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com