#46 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

why a shotgun? you'd be much better off to have the range of a AR or AK

I have to admit that an AR would be very close to the top of my list as well. Its a very good rifle for both defense with accurate, rapid fire and is more applicable as a hunting rifle than would be a shotgun.

as far as the shotgun is concerned, you have to consider the shooter's proficiency as well. A shotgun would be a much better option if, for instance your wife or maybe your child had to pick up the weapon for they're own defense. With a shotgun, you just aim in the general direction and fire to hit your target. It takes a higher skill level for someone to correctly aim a rifle and hit a target.

almost forgot... you can also aquire a shotgun shell reloader, and some supplies, and be able to make your own ammo if need be as well. gotta go with the shotgun.

Edited by chris999, 28 June 2011 - 02:37 PM.

#47 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

I have to admit that an AR would be very close to the top of my list as well. Its a very good rifle for both defense with accurate, rapid fire and is more applicable as a hunting rifle than would be a shotgun.

as far as the shotgun is concerned, you have to consider the shooter's proficiency as well. A shotgun would be a much better option if, for instance your wife or maybe your child had to pick up the weapon for they're own defense. With a shotgun, you just aim in the general direction and fire to hit your target. It takes a higher skill level for someone to correctly aim a rifle and hit a target.

almost forgot... you can also aquire a shotgun shell reloader, and some supplies, and be able to make your own ammo if need be as well. gotta go with the shotgun.

you can reload brass cartridges too... just so you know...

#48 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:48 PM

dammit no rerun anywhere in the next week...

#49 Liminy

Liminy

Huddle Nobody

• HUDDLER
  • 2,162 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

I would really like to have a handgun, but need to wait until I have a job. Currently the only thing I have is a respirator that probably looks cooler than actually provides some sort of safety. Hoping to stock up on some things once I become employed.

#50 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

show was pretty kick ass. those guys in sc have it going on! jesus they really make me feel unprepared haha.

#51 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

oh and

Posted Image

want!!!!!!!!!!

#52 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,273 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

you guys have to keep in mind. if the shtf, who is currently in charge? if it's total anarchy and no military, thats a dif story.

#53 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,903 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

AA12+drum clip=

Posted Image

#54 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

I've got quite a bit of firepower and stored survival food.

But I will damned sure post pics when I get my AK.

#55 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

Going to have to get this show on demand.

I have completed my bugout bags.
Waterproof backpacks, enough food and supplies for 3+ days.

I have started storing for bug-in needs at home.

backup generator and have the well guy coming out to rig me for a hand pump should the generator ever fail (thanks huddle, someone gave me specs for that here).

I have a pellet gun for varmint collection as well as collapsible fishing gear in the bugout bag.

The wife just kinda laughed about all that stuff and was cool with it, esp. since I remembered her female sanitary needs. (She was glad I wasn't bugging out on my own).

The part that will meet resistance is firearms.

I want to get a pistol, a rifle, and a shotgun.
I know the basics of all 3 from growing up in a military family and a hunting family from Wisconsin (deer hunting USA), but now I'm a suburban douchebag with small children.

Dunno about that but once you start down this preparedness crazy train it is hard to stop.....

#56 Guest_MaskedMilitant_*

Guest_MaskedMilitant_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

its very hard. my wife laughed at me when i brought home gas masks.

#57 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

lol I think it was me who gave you the well idea (probably as Darth Urious or SLJ, can't remember)...

glad to hear you are getting all that stuff together Epi... I hope you'll never need any of it, but if you do you'll be glad you have it...

#58 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

Also, Epi... if you want to eliminate some of your cost when it comes to the gun aspects, you can get you a .22 LR/.410 combo gun (you switch out the barrels) and have a quite nice survival weapon...

#59 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:07 PM

finally caught this on the DVR last week (Tyler Durden, SLJ, various other alter egos here)...

didn't watch all of the last guy's story (fell asleep, haven't rewatched it yet), but overall a pretty good show...

First guy was annoying with his talk about coronal mass ejection... He's using that as the basis for all his prep work, and there isn't really any way to predict something like that... Sure, it could happen, which is the basis for all prep work, but they presented it as something he knew as a fact or something... His aquaponic setup is very nice, though... I couldn't eat tilapia every day unless I had to to survive!

Second lady was just kinda annoying. She was basically a hoarder in a way, but I applaud her for putting in the effort to have stuff on hand.

Guys from SC were probably the best of all of them, and have everything set up very nicely.

UNFORTUNATELY:

All these people violated the #1 rule of prepping/survivalism...

Don't go on a public platform and let everyone know what you've got.

I now know those peoples' names, a general idea of where they live, and what they have that I might would want. It wouldn't be all that hard to move in and take over.

#60 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

I think rule #1 should be a commitment to physical fitness.

All the kickass gear in the world don't mean jack if you are too winded to get up a few flights of stairs.

Most people I see violate the fitness rule even before they open their mouths to spill the gear beans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com