#91 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

FYI, an update on one of the guys from last weeks episode. David Sarti, the extremely obese country guy from Tennessee, has had a major development in the past few days. Looks like he accidently joked about suicide with his doctor who reported him to the local police who took him to the hospital against his will for a few days. After releasing him, they got some kind of court order allowing them to take all his guns from his property. Videos are all over youtube about and the prepper community, along with every liberterian who has heard about it, is having a meltdown.

#92 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Did anyone else see the show where they did an experiment and put 9 or 10 people in a survival situation with minimal supplies and tried to make it semi-real. It was actually pretty interesting to watch how useless some people are when it really matters. I think it was called "the colony."

Yes it was called The Colony, and there have been 2 seasons so far...

#93 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

FYI, an update on one of the guys from last weeks episode. David Sarti, the extremely obese country guy from Tennessee, has had a major development in the past few days. Looks like he accidently joked about suicide with his doctor who reported him to the local police who took him to the hospital against his will for a few days. After releasing him, they got some kind of court order allowing them to take all his guns from his property. Videos are all over youtube about and the prepper community, along with every liberterian who has heard about it, is having a meltdown.

He wasn't going to last very long anyways, FWIW... too many health issues, and I think fear of those is what was ultimately driving his survivalism...

I'm no psychologist or anything, and it is hard to knock my fellow preppers... but some people carry it way too far to the extreme, and live under irrational fear...

Just like anything, I guess, it is never good when you take it to the extreme...

#94 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,859 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

fyi, Discovery is debuting their show Doomsday Bunkers a week from tonight

http://www.thefutonc...nkers/listings/

#95 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,199 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

Doomsday galore. There's nothing wrong with being prepared...but anyone that goes to the lengths of underground bunkers and such are only ensuring their own tomb (metaphorically and potentially literally). I wouldnt pay much attention to all the fear tactics.

#96 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

I would rather focus on living the life I have now than live in a devastated world. If "doomsday" actually ever happened in my lifetime, something like the complete collapse of society or the equivalent of biblical plagues, I'd be pretty liable to put my .22 to my head anyways. I don't want to live in your typical post-apocalyptic world dominated by roving tribes of savages. I know that eventually I would become one.

Plus I can't live without all the benefits of electricity.

#97 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Bump!

I've had several friends that just discovered the show & have gone nuts "prepping". Now there's nothing wrong with being prepared. I have my kits, I keep my military training fresh, etc... but one thing that I've noticed is that many are buying seeds, a whole lotta seeds. This seems silly to me because when I ask them if they know how to farm, I get blank stares. FFS people if you're gonna spend money on it, learn how to use it. Also, how to store it.

#98 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

My checklist so far...

1. 1942 Mosin Nagant w/ 20 rounds of 7.62 x 54.
2. Winchester Model 70 w/ 20 rounds of .308.
3. Ruger 10/22 w/ 550 rounds of .22.
4. Fox over/under breakdown shotgun. 22 cal on top, 20 gauge on bottom. With 15 rifled slugs.
5. Model 1911 .45 pistol with 50 rounds.

Now I just need to acquire some more ammo, and non- perishable foods. I MIGHT have enough food for a month. Not gonna cut it.

#99 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,257 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

gonna need a WHOLE lot more than ammo.

simple things that might buy you time. two way or cb radio. maybe a ham radio.
good ole fashion can/bottle opener
bandages/neosporin
water or access to fresh water/portable water filter

im sure i said this earlier in the thread or similar ones. the key to me is getting somewhere and basically going underground for at least 6 months and seeing how things shake out and try to conserve as much of your stuff as possible.

#100 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,145 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

I could really go for some doomsday peppers in my eggs this morning.

#101 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,257 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

you could even nuke em the next day.

#102 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,077 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

You people....

#103 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'd be pretty much screwed. I have about 1 day worth of food in my house..

#104 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,199 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

This show is dangerous...

#105 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

This show has turned into a joke really... It is like they are just seeking out the weirdos in the community, or, people that just want to be on TV...

No prepper worth much is going to go on TV and talk about it, and the "expert's advice" at the end of each skit is pretty laughable...

All you really need is food, water, and shelter... and something/some skills to defend it all with...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.