Photo
- - - - -

Pixelation on an LCD TV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#25 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

One of the local stations here have already done several tests going digital. There may be more, the WSOC has switched their newscast to digital several time to see if your TV is ready. They'd make the switch and then tell people that if you're just hearing their voice, your TV is not ready, but if you saw them it was ok. My old analog sets were always fine...and seeing what that HD set did that we bought my son, I will not be in any hurry to get anything new for us.

#26 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

I wonder if Kurb or Pryd has seen this thread. Wilmington was the national city for the test and the entire city switched over already to digital - I think it was in Sept they did it. I asked them how it went and at the time, they said it was smooth.

#27 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

One of the local stations here have already done several tests going digital. There may be more, the WSOC has switched their newscast to digital several time to see if your TV is ready. They'd make the switch and then tell people that if you're just hearing their voice, your TV is not ready, but if you saw them it was ok. My old analog sets were always fine...and seeing what that HD set did that we bought my son, I will not be in any hurry to get anything new for us.

One of our local networks is scheduled to do a test (or they may already have, I don't know)....should open quite a few eyes. We already get the local networks in HD via DirecTV so it doesn't much matter to me.

#28 ThPantherFan

ThPantherFan

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:48 PM

I have an analog tv too. I do have satellite (direct tv) and they say there should be no interruptions. I'm holding off getting an LCD or flat screen tv (I have no idea what is what) and just want to make sure the action on the tv is worth the money. Right now I see action on others tv as fuzzy.

#29 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

If the signal is over the air it is actually better than cable when you live in a good area, they don't have to compress the signal OTA, for cable and sattelite they do

#30 chbright

chbright

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:25 PM

OTA is 15mbs max (or there abouts), comcast has had 30Mbs (star wars eps III on HBO). cable and esp fiber win, sat is getting much better too. ota is the worst of the bunch, but it is free.

#31 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

I have an analog tv too. I do have satellite (direct tv) and they say there should be no interruptions.

correct...if you don't use an antenna, no worries.